Welcome to Rise and Fall Heaven
- NEW TO RISE & FALL?
- Rise and Fall Heaven™ is the official community fansite for Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War®, a unique RTS game by Midway. We feature up-to-day information on the game in our Game Information and FAQ sections, as well as interviews with the developers and the Premier Community for the Game.
- HeavenGames: A New Identity
- Posted on 9/22/2007 at 12:47 PM by Wok
- Source: The HG Blog
After considerable deliberation, the owners have decided that one major inhibiting factor for HeavenGames’ prosperity is the simple fact that it doesn’t have a clearly defined identity. It has always been a site about games, but that is far too vague for the development of any clear goals and the effective marketing of the site.
We have thus discussed the issue with our staff and decided that we should make HeavenGames a site entirely geared towards community. At its core, HeavenGames always has been about building the best communities possible, so it only makes sense that we devote all of our resources to that service...(Read more!)
- New Download
- Posted on 9/16/2007 at 2:30 PM by Wok
- Irmekroache has submitted a new single-player scenario to our download section, entitled War: A Soldier's Perspective.
I haven't played it yet, but it is described as a non-linear RPG style scenario, so if that sounds interesting to you, download it now!
- Handing in his wings...
- Posted on 9/14/2007 at 12:14 PM by Wok
- Sadly, our much loved cherub Dr Grip has decided to resign from his post at RaFH. Read his reasons and bid him farewell in this thread.
Dr Grip has been an influential member of the Rise and Fall community since the game was released, and it is a real shame to see him go.
- World in Conflict Heaven
- Posted on 9/2/2007 at 8:09 AM by Wok
- As you may have discovered by now if you read other sites on HG, World in Conflict Heaven has been launched.
I probably wouldn't do a description of the game justice, so go to the site to find out all about it!
- HeavenGames Official Blog: The First Step
- Posted on 8/17/2007 at 5:30 AM by Wok
- Source: The HG Blog
So it's been a little while since my last update. It's mostly because we're still hard at work figuring out the big picture for HeavenGames' future; it's a daunting job but I like what’s being hammered out. Anyway, in this article I'm going to discuss the two biggest problems that I'd like to get fixed before any grand scheming…and their solutions. Solutions are good.
Problem 1: HeavenGames current staff system is not what HeavenGames needs
While everyone works as hard as possible, the current staff system is simply not enough for what HeavenGames needs. Becoming staff is a big ordeal at HeavenGames, largely because of the daunting committment on both sides...
Solution: Reorganize the staff system
Reorganizing the staff system will help our current staff operate more
efficiently. First, we will make sure that all of the owners are active at HeavenGames. Next, Seraphs will be required to heavily advertise job openings to ensure consistent service and organization across the network. Finally, we will work to make a job at HeavenGames more attractive by giving benefits such as possible college credit and aid in getting a job in the gaming industry...(Read
- Official HeavenGames CEO Blog Opens
- Posted on 8/2/2007 at 3:00 PM by Angel Socrateius
- Source: The HG Blog
(I'm pensive about so many things in this photo)
My name is Socvazius; I'm the new CEO of HG, but I've been around for quite a long time. I started visiting HG in late 1997 (at age 11), joined the staff in 2000 (my first article, a masterpiece by any standard), joined the executive board in 2003 (I have nothing to say here but I wanted to add a parenthesis for consistency), and became owner in 2005 (when I turned 18). Over all that time, I have been webmaster of 6 Heavens and have done about every possible job.
Offline, I go by the name Sergio Prado and I study history at Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts. I am currently working in marketing at Vivendi Universal on Empire Earth III and World in Conflict. I love philosophy, history, physics and politics among other things, and to compensate for my nerdy tendencies I've been known to karate it up as well as do all the other things that college students do. Oh yes.
Anyway, this is my blog! While I will surely use this blog for my own narcissistic ramblings, I intend it to be used mostly to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in HeavenGames, especially the stuff that pertains to my job: management, PR, and all the other fun parts of a gaming website. In fact, I do have some news that you guys might be interested in. For the past couple months the owners have been discussing a major revamp of how HG operates, including its staff management and exactly what services it will provide to the community. We're zeroing in on a finalized plan, so keep your eyes peeled for a freakin huge article that'll be way too long to be worth reading!
Until the next post my friends,
- HeavenGames Appoints Sergio Prado as new CEO
- Posted on 8/2/2007 at 4:15 AM by Wok
- LOMBARD, IL - HeavenGames LLC, an internet leader in strategy fansites, today announced it has appointed Sergio "Socvazius" Prado to the position of Chief Executive Officer, effective July 28, 2007. Mr. Prado, a driven executive with considerable experience in the gaming industry, has worked at HeavenGames for 7 years in addition to Vivendi Universal's brand marketing department. He currently is a college junior at Harvard University.
Prior to this appointment at HeavenGames, Mr. Prado served as the company's Chief Content Officer on the executive board, ensuring the professional quality of content present across the network. He also headed six of its sites: for Age of Empires III, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Empires, Rome: Total War, and Cossacks. During his employ at Vivendi Universal, Mr. Prado worked to market World in Conflict and Empire Earth III, two of the biggest strategy titles of 2007.
Tom Mescher, the exiting CEO, served as HeavenGames' leader since its incorporation in October of 2000. He is moving on to continue his career in the IT industry.
ABOUT HEAVENGAMES, LLC
HeavenGames LLC (http://www.heavengames.com), based in Lombard, Illinois, is a privately owned web-content publisher geared towards the creation of special-interest sites for Real-Time Strategy and City-Builder games. Its sites, content, vast amounts of resources, as well as a dedicated staff & management team make HeavenGames' sites recognized by developers and press alike as one of the premier destinations for gamers worldwide.
- Beta Units
- Posted on 3/9/2007 at 10:49 AM by Wok
- _o0XxX0o_ has been experimenting with RaF's scenario editor lately, and has stumbled upon what appear to be beta units (units which were scrapped before release and are not supposed to be accessed).
From his forum post: "I found a lot of beta objects. Most were not very interesting, but this object is the most curious one that I found so far:
[JPEG, (265.09 KB)]
-Produces food, but is worth 50 wood. I'm assuming that would provide a perfect high fiber diet. Also this building makes the cursor turn into a "sickle" when moused over. The food cursor was obviously abandoned too.
A couple of other good ones were a beta Picasso looking tree, made from creating tree family. And a sheep from the animal family group, with the name: "pillbox"(obviously this is left over from edmw french building. I have no idea why it is in the animal grouping). This pillbox in a way, mimics the properties of a pillbox, in such that if a walking unit is tasked to it, they follow it around. Even in formation, until tasked to somewhere else. Pillbox sheep reproduce other pillbox sheep, and because they wander around, army and cits follow it around aimlessly. "Led by sheep"!! LOL
And finally another slightly interesting beta unit is when creating GalleyShip family, a ship called: "Fireship" is created. It has no oarsmen, and can't create units, but it fires flames just like a fire raiser."
- Downloads Survey
- Posted on 2/13/2007 at 7:16 AM by Wok
- HG has set up a small survey to gain some feedback from users about its download sections. If you have used the download section here at RaFH or at any other heaven and want to voice your opinion, please spend a few minutes filling in the survey.
The survey can be found here.
- Merry Christmas from RaFH
- Posted on 12/25/2006 at 4:18 PM by Wok
- Merry Christmas!
Don't celebrate Christmas? Have a great day anyway. Just for the sake of it.
Rise and Fall Heaven™ Copyright © 2005 HeavenGames™ LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please obtain written permission from HeavenGames if you wish to use our site's content and graphics on other sites or publications. Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® is a game by Midway. Rise and Fall® and Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® are registered trademarks owned by Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.