You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.161 replies, Sticky
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
MudokonGod
Banned
posted 08-17-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)         
This thread is designed for people to ask questions regarding "smaller" things that don't necessarily require an entire thread, as such threads usually become redundant after one or two replies.

As it's always best to lead by example, I happen to have a small question!
How do I elevate terrain with hard, 90 degree drop edges? I'm new to the editor and so I'm mainly learning through trial and error, but I can only manage the raise the elevation in a rounded hill-like way, and I'm trying to get some towering cliffs.

AuthorReplies:
Crowii
Conscript
posted 02-22-07 05:58 PM EDT (US)     126 / 161       
i search in effects and i didnīt find it man U_U ,please help me

[This message has been edited by Crowii (edited 02-23-2007 @ 09:35 AM).]

Pillionaire
Conscript
posted 03-10-07 09:29 PM EDT (US)     127 / 161       
Hey I am new to the game, and forum.. and need to know how to get flora, or vegetation on my maps..... I tried everything but still can't do it.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-11-07 00:27 AM EDT (US)     128 / 161       
Welcome, Pillionaire I think its in a group titled fauna, but I don't know much at all about the editor so I'm likely wrong.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Oscar
Conscript
posted 03-11-07 02:29 PM EDT (US)     129 / 161       

Quote:

and need to know how to get flora, or vegetation on my maps..... I tried everything but still can't do it

first of all go in the video options and enable the flora option.
Then to place the flora run the editor, go in the terrain page and on the bottom righ there are the commands to place the flora (left clicking with the mouse) or to remove it (right clicking)

regards

Pillionaire
Conscript
posted 03-11-07 06:40 PM EDT (US)     130 / 161       
Thanks, I will try that...... Oh and I still have a few more questions..... What is the trigger system, how does it work, and could someone explain it?
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-11-07 06:52 PM EDT (US)     131 / 161       
Lol people always ask that The precurser to this game (but not prequel) has a very similar editor. Somebody wrote up a guide that can be downloaded here. http://empires.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1908

That should explain just about everything.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Pillionaire
Conscript
posted 03-11-07 09:38 PM EDT (US)     132 / 161       
I still don't really get it, I just need to know, pretty much everything. We should have a tutoring section, where noobs like me could have a tutor. cuz I am lost
Rektis
Conscript
posted 04-11-07 05:13 PM EDT (US)     133 / 161       
Hum. Intrepid wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------

How to make a Multiplayer Map

Courtesy of Matt Vella:

(This works I have tested it out)

To make a Multiplayer scenario, create the scenario just as you would a Single Player, except for the following differences;

Each Player should have a minimum starting unit set of one Greek Town Center (MP) and three Citizens. These must be Greek units in order to allow the game to alter them to match the player‚€s civ choice when the game is set up. (If you want to make a standard old multiplayer scenario you can, just remember that you need a building of some sort on the map for a player not to be declared defeated when the scenario starts.)

In the Editor on Player Page 2, be sure that any Player slot that you want to be available has the ‚€œCPU Only‚€ option off. Outpost players should have ‚€œCPU Only‚€ and ‚€œOutpost Player‚€ on.

Make sure your AI Settings (except Ignore) are set to ‚€œActive‚€ for any player that may be run by the computer.

Finally, in your Rise and Fall Data folder make a new folder and name it ‚€œMap Scripts‚€.

Now make a text file (Notepad works) with the following format (do not include bolded text) (Make certain the file you create is a .rmv NOT A TEXT FILE, to get a .rmv save the text file using *.*):

File Title: [Scenario Title goes here].rmv

File Contents:

UseMapGenerator"Default"
DisplayName[Scenario Title goes here.]
DisplayHelp[Help text goes here.]

Put this file in your Map Scripts folder.

Now when you set up a Multiplayer game your scenario may be selected in the Map Selection Menu, and will be automatically downloaded by any player that does not already have it.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm not able to make a rmv-file!!! Wikipedia says that there AREN'T rmv-files! How do you make a .rmv? Could someone please explain it again? More clearly, please!

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-11-07 06:29 PM EDT (US)     134 / 161       
Wikipedia is a crutch you should do away with... I don't know anything about the editor except what you can do with it. With how much you can do with it, there is no way somebody can just teach you everything. Even the best editors here still learn things, such as _o0XxX0o_ finding units and buildings from previous SSSI games. Take another few looks at the manual I linked, then ask specific questions, it will get you a lot further.

Rektis
Conscript
posted 04-11-07 06:51 PM EDT (US)     135 / 161       
Sure, you're right, but I only wanted to know how to make playing a selfmade map in multiplayer matches possible. I could do everything Intrepid said in his manual, but making a rmv-file. At the moment I just have a normal txt-file, but I don't know how to convert the txt-file into a rmv-file! I hope it will work, after I did that. Oh, by the way, in the official manual there's nothing about this written, so I had to ask you guys. I hope that you can help me!!! :P
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-11-07 08:09 PM EDT (US)     136 / 161       
Yes, it is not in the manual as the manual is for a different game completely. It was made by the same company, though, with the same engine and the editor is almost identical. In fact, some of Empires's units are included in the editor on this game It wouldn't include info on a .rmv file because I don't think they would be needed for Empires. Somebody can tell you, though, I'm sure.

Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 04-11-07 08:20 PM EDT (US)     137 / 161       
To convert the text file into an rmv file simply rename it from "filename.txt" to "filename.rmv". If you don't see the extensions behind the names of your files, you might have it hidden. Go to any folder (such as My Document), go to Tools tab then "Folder options". Now go to the View tab. It'll let you set wether to display extension or not. Find "Hide extensions from known file types". If it's checked uncheck it then click Ok.

This is the best signature ever!

[This message has been edited by Dr Grip (edited 04-11-2007 @ 08:20 PM).]

Rektis
Conscript
posted 04-11-07 09:34 PM EDT (US)     138 / 161       
Thank you very much. I didn't know you can edit this like that... hm... if I had asked you guys earlier i wouldn't had to search in the web for 5 hours! Thank you so much!

PS: it works xD

Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 04-12-07 03:49 PM EDT (US)     139 / 161       
You are welcome.

leonalkalai
Conscript
posted 04-19-07 03:45 AM EDT (US)     140 / 161       
is it possible to create snow on grass and into the sky?
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 04-19-07 11:04 AM EDT (US)     141 / 161       
You created a topic for that, now you post it here?! Keep it in one place please.

I don't THINK you can, as I have already said.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 04-19-07 11:40 PM EDT (US)     142 / 161       
I think I have adequately answered all of his questions. If you need more explaination, leonalkaiai, please ask.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
leonalkalai
Conscript
posted 04-21-07 04:35 AM EDT (US)     143 / 161       
1.where do i select or add sfx advisor dust option?

2.sorry about the new topics.

3.the option invurable works only in single player?

4.how do i create Thracian siege towers with ladder that soldiers can climb is multiplayer map?

jjjamesss
Conscript
posted 04-21-07 10:27 AM EDT (US)     144 / 161       
hi i seem to have trouble with the fact of Unit in Area i have experimented with the object tool but it seems as if the UA (unit area) can only work for one area!!! :S

Thanks

[This message has been edited by jjjamesss (edited 04-21-2007 @ 10:28 AM).]

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 04-21-07 10:39 AM EDT (US)     145 / 161       
1. triggers>effects>game>graphic effects.
3. triggers>effects>object>stance>invulnerable. MP or SP mode, doesn't matter.
4. Thracian siege towers already have their own ladder built in and can only be climbed when the "drawbridge" is lowered, and then only if it is attached to a wall. They can be created with; effect>object>create. In triggers make a new object with the object specification: in area. as the object created, so triggers know where to create them...or use replace object; effect>object>replace, to make another object turn into a thracian siege tower...

Thracian siege towers aren't the only siege towers. Try looking at the object: Griffin tower. They are fancier looking.

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 04-21-07 03:22 PM EDT (US)     146 / 161       
but it seems as if the UA (unit area) can only work for one area!!!

Unit area? What heck?????

leonalkalai
Conscript
posted 04-26-07 04:46 AM EDT (US)     147 / 161       
1.is it possible to use items or buildings as garrison units to collect gold or wood?
2.is it possible to add more garrison type items like gold and wood example stone and food?
3.is it possible to create more recruatable units or to make thracian siege tower available to other civilizations?example i want to make Thespian soldiers available for recruit with another appearance.is it possible to insert graphics into the game that have been created with another editor or program?
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-26-07 09:55 AM EDT (US)     148 / 161       
make thracian siege tower available to other civilizations?

You can't make them build it, but you can place them on the map with triggers. I don't know how, though.

Don't know about the rest.

Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 04-27-07 01:09 PM EDT (US)     149 / 161       
1.is it possible to use items or buildings as garrison units to collect gold or wood?
2.is it possible to add more garrison type items like gold and wood example stone and food?
3.is it possible to create more recruatable units or to make thracian siege tower available to other civilizations?example i want to make Thespian soldiers available for recruit with another appearance.is it possible to insert graphics into the game that have been created with another editor or program?

1. I don't think so.
2. I don't think this is possible either.
3. Thracian Siege Towers are only avaliable to the Greeks, I think. But you can set a trigger so that when you do something a siege tower will appear in an area. In one of my maps I placed a siege tower on the map. Made a trigger which says if you slect the siege tower and typed in "buy" in the chat box, you will get a siege tower in an area.

alex habets
Conscript
posted 06-27-07 10:30 AM EDT (US)     150 / 161       
i made a map but how can i play that map in multiplayer (network)? pls help
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames