You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.161 replies, Sticky
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
MudokonGod
Banned
posted 08-17-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)         
This thread is designed for people to ask questions regarding "smaller" things that don't necessarily require an entire thread, as such threads usually become redundant after one or two replies.

As it's always best to lead by example, I happen to have a small question!
How do I elevate terrain with hard, 90 degree drop edges? I'm new to the editor and so I'm mainly learning through trial and error, but I can only manage the raise the elevation in a rounded hill-like way, and I'm trying to get some towering cliffs.

AuthorReplies:
Oscar
Conscript
posted 11-28-06 06:02 PM EDT (US)     101 / 161       

Quote:

i have a question how do u make the objects bigger or smaller

"unit attribute" effect and then chose "scale object" (<-- im not sure with this last name cause my raf is not an english version)

I have to ask you an opinion: I'm trying to make a scenario (hero mode only) with an underground set. So for you what the best way to recreate a cave? (walkable and with a "ceiling" so the player doesn't see the sky))

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 11-28-2006 @ 06:03 PM).]

weirddragon
Conscript
posted 11-29-06 03:35 PM EDT (US)     102 / 161       
thx
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 11-30-06 12:28 PM EDT (US)     103 / 161       
I was about to post a thread about making a cave actually. You can use the object "Cliff" in World Players. By putting them togather you make make a narrow cave. I can make a screenshot to show you what I mean if you don't understand.

This is the best signature ever!
Oscar
Conscript
posted 12-01-06 07:54 AM EDT (US)     104 / 161       
Great! Thx man!
Im gonna try cliff objects as soon as I can (but they however should be fine for my map)
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 12-01-06 01:01 PM EDT (US)     105 / 161       
Also I forgot to tell you to put impossable impassible tiles around the walls of the cave. Otherwise you can walk straight through the cliff objects.

[This message has been edited by Dr Grip (edited 12-02-2006 @ 04:44 AM).]

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 12-01-06 02:22 PM EDT (US)     106 / 161       
OT:impossible? LOL!

OnT: Thanks, i didnt actually know that you can do that in this game!

Oscar
Conscript
posted 12-04-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)     107 / 161       
3 questions:

-in the land units section there is an object called gate level (sorry but I don't know the real English name cause my raf is not an Englsh language version) that is similar to a wooden whell that in the campaign was exploited to convert enemy gates without destroying them. I would like to know why they keep "flashing" when I place them in the map with the editor.

-is there a way to force a Persian ctapult to bomb always and only an area like barrage fire?

-in the Alexander map set in the arena in the beginning cinemtic there were some big "cages" and inside them some bears and the minos gladiator. Do you know what kind of objects were the vertical iron bars? I've looked for them in the objects list but all in vain...

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 12-04-2006 @ 10:44 AM).]

Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 12-06-06 01:46 PM EDT (US)     108 / 161       

Quote:

-is there a way to force a Persian ctapult to bomb always and only an area like barrage fire?

Yes. I think you need to make a Task-area effect, and change the action to something else.

Oscar
Conscript
posted 12-13-06 08:24 AM EDT (US)     109 / 161       
some other questions:

-if you have a script camera effect with both the move camera and face camera objects (or just one of them) mounted on something (a ship, a wall,...) why the zoom of the camera keeps changing every time you look at the same cinematic?

-why when you task a trireme off map with a task area effect a couple of sailors will ramain in the water? (these sailors are not the sailors that have been placed on the trireme, they seem to be more like a couple of oarsmen)?
Is there a way to remove them?

-do you think that saving the game while a trigger is firing can compromise the right running/firing of that trigger? It sounds weird but this is the only explaination I can imagine to some strange things that happen in the playtesting of my campaign...

Count Maladict
Conscript
posted 12-23-06 08:02 PM EDT (US)     110 / 161       
Alright, ive been exploring the triggers, and under an object list (i think it might of been under spawning) i saw rifleman and all sorts of adanced weaponry and units. Is there any way to gain access to this?

Bringing wisdom to an unwise world. And tea. Sometimes I bring tea.
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 12-24-06 08:10 AM EDT (US)     111 / 161       
I don't think so. In this game you can only create ancient units. I think that was just a left over from EE or EDOW, so it's pretty useless.

Cauchemar
Conscript
posted 12-31-06 03:54 PM EDT (US)     112 / 161       
I'm wanting to make a map of the world in either a 200x100 area or 300x150 area. anyone know where i might obtain elevation data for that size area?
Oscar
Conscript
posted 01-01-07 05:39 PM EDT (US)     113 / 161       
try here or here
Dieneces
Conscript
posted 01-18-07 01:43 AM EDT (US)     114 / 161       
How can I mod RaF? Haven't seen any modding threads here, so I don't know where to start. Just want to edit textures, really.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
Cameraman
Conscript
posted 01-18-07 10:18 PM EDT (US)     115 / 161       
It's not possible. I don't even know if there's such an extraction tool out there so you can even look at the textures/models that even come with the game.
Dieneces
Conscript
posted 01-19-07 08:00 AM EDT (US)     116 / 161       
That's just mad. :/

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
charo74
Conscript
posted 02-11-07 03:07 PM EDT (US)     117 / 161       
how can I use my elevation files from EE?
there files are in .dat format but in R&F the editor
doesnt read them
Crowii
Conscript
posted 02-19-07 02:13 PM EDT (US)     118 / 161       
Only one question:
-How to make the hero goes in a chariot like in the campaign of dragon cult 1.1 in the second mission?????please reply
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 02-19-07 02:19 PM EDT (US)     119 / 161       
There is some stuff in this thread (the maker of the said campaign explained some problems with chariots)

http://raf.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=14&tn=839&f=14,839,0,0&st=0

I don't think that that is everything you need but I myself don't understand the editor.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 02-19-07 02:42 PM EDT (US)     120 / 161       
http://raf.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,822,,all

Thats all you will need to know about chariots.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Crowii
Conscript
posted 02-19-07 07:16 PM EDT (US)     121 / 161       
Thanks for the two, i am going to the editor right now.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 02-19-07 08:17 PM EDT (US)     122 / 161       
Hmm, I forgot about that thread. Oh well, it happens a lot seeing as how I'm insane.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Linuchadnezzar
Conscript
posted 02-20-07 08:13 AM EDT (US)     123 / 161       
@crowii

the hero chariot is just like the ladder team: you can pack/ unpack it
just select the hero chariot(unpacked) in the place units=> buildings. Then you can place a hero on the chariot. the hero chariot in place units=> land units is packed and can also be used, but, in that case you will have to get the hero on the chariot while playing

linu(s/chadnezzar)

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER

[This message has been edited by Linuchadnezzar (edited 02-20-2007 @ 11:34 AM).]

Crowii
Conscript
posted 02-22-07 09:19 AM EDT (US)     124 / 161       
Thanks Linuchadnezzar,one thing more.How can i change the hero stamina?Sorry i am a little noob making maps xD
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 02-22-07 11:22 AM EDT (US)     125 / 161       
We all have to start somewhere

I think it is in effects part of the triggers, change substance summat...

Sorry, i'm a bit rusty with the editor

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames