You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.35 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Internet Multiplayer - FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Internet Multiplayer - FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Feudal1
Conscript
posted 06-13-06 10:13 PM EDT (US)         
Just finished a 2v2 internet game, and even though our team lost, it was a lot of fun. There was no lag, even when down in hero mode, which was a pleasant surprise. When I logged off, there were a good number of people in the lobby, which was also nice, considering most retailers don't yet have the game.

I do have one request for the development team, if they are reading this: Please, please add the ability to view replays of skirmish and multiplayer games. The ability to review a game, and learn from it would really help make the game better.

I also hope Midway supports this game with balance patches, new maps and features like replay support. You have a potential franchise on your hands, if you support it well.

Currently Playing: Rise of Legends, Age of Empires III, Battle for Middle Earth II, Battlefield 2, Rise of Nations, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
AuthorReplies:
XWolfGhost
Conscript
posted 06-13-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 35       
What is your internet speed? Hearing that the AI can be dumn at times I will problably want to play online
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-13-06 11:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 35       
That is good to hear. I am curious about how many people were online. Like 30 or 40? That would seem to be a good number since, as you said, most retailers dont have the game, and not everybody who has an online file will be playing at the same time.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Hank
Stainless Steel Studios
posted 06-14-06 02:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 35       
I've never been a big fan of MP in RTS games, but I truly did enjoy it in R&F. It eliminated some of the things that I really didn't like about RTS games, mainly the ultra-micro required to move single piece units around effectively. You have less control in R&F because of the formations, but the battles are huge and cinematic, which can become something to see in a large 2vs2 game, and even in 1vs1 games.
The_lucky_man
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 07:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 35       
Lovely to hear MP is also very popular

It would be a wise decision Midway to remove gamespy, gamespy is not good. (see issues about gamespy)

[This message has been edited by The_lucky_man (edited 06-14-2006 @ 09:37 AM).]

Wok
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 08:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 35       
After Gamespy login issues and a few days of empty channels, I finally played my first multiplayer match. It was a 2v2, and we got creamed

The post-match stats will offer a lot as to determining good strategies, IMO. The best player in our game had slow level-up times, but boomed right until the end. Outposts seem pretty important also.

If anybody from this site wants to organise a game, add me to MSN (hit.wok.bottom@gmail.com). I encourage everybody else to post their contact details also.

Wok?

[This message has been edited by Wok (edited 06-14-2006 @ 08:44 AM).]

Valdraz
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 09:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 35       
I did some killing last night, it was entertaining. I'm sorry to the poor folks I rolled over. ;o
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-14-06 09:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 35       
Nobody answered my question...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Wok
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 10:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 35       

Quote:

That is good to hear. I am curious about how many people were online. Like 30 or 40? That would seem to be a good number since, as you said, most retailers dont have the game, and not everybody who has an online file will be playing at the same time.

There has been nobody online most of the time for the last few days. When I logged on earlier there were three others, so we played a 2v2. The numbers will pick up soon - the game isn't even out in countries like England yet.

Wok?
Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 35       
Lastnight there were 18 people online.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-14-06 10:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 35       
Great to hear. Sometimes there are about that many on Empires around midnight Eastern Time. That is horrible seeing as how the game has been out for 3 years... but for a game that has been out 1 or 2 days, and only in some places, that is encouraging.

Wok
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 10:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 35       

Quote:

Lastnight there were 18 people online.

I guess time zones aren't really on my side, since most of the rest of Europe doesn't have the game yet. I bet there's a bunch more activity while I'm asleep.

Wok?
smccann
Noble (VIP)
posted 06-14-06 11:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 35       
Glad to hear everybody's having a good time.

One of the things we liked most about hero mode is the response of the "victim." Most of the time, the first time players got attacked by this little Tasmanian Devil of a Hero, they either laughed so hard or got so flustered that the attack effects were amplified.

Sean McCann
Product Marketing Manager, Midway Home Entertainment
Valdraz
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 11:39 AM EDT (US)     13 / 35       
There were around 600-700 players on the day after empires was released.
Vaelgard
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 11:56 AM EDT (US)     14 / 35       
I got the game last night. I played the demo about a month ago and fell in love. I've been following these forums but I was too lazy to register until now. I played a skirmish map last night and it was fun, but I'm really looking forward to getting into a multiplayer game tonight!
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 11:58 AM EDT (US)     15 / 35       
Welcome to the forums, Vaelgard! Glad to have you as a member. Let us know how you fare in MP.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
XWolfGhost
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 11:59 AM EDT (US)     16 / 35       
^^^ Was it a global release? As far as I know it was only released in the US. It comes out today in Canad, that is if eb, for the first time, gets a game when they say they will. I could go on and on at how many times they gave me a wrong release date, then it turns up a week later after a bought it at some other store
Vaelgard
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 12:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 35       
Hey thanks Chonaman! You're from the Boston area? I grew up in Newton and now live on the Brighton/Brookline border =)
RiderOfEternity
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 12:13 PM EDT (US)     18 / 35       
smccann just wondering, where is the rest of the team?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 06-14-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)     19 / 35       
Anytime I try to logon it says Could not Connect - try again later. Any ideas?

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 03:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 35       
If anyone wants to put their msn adress below so we and add me so we know who we are fighting. Mine is Nicholas.meredith@hotmail.com
Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 03:58 PM EDT (US)     21 / 35       
It's in my profile.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     22 / 35       

Quote:

Anytime I try to logon it says Could not Connect - try again later. Any ideas?

Make sure you have allowed internet access to the game via your firewall and anti-virus software, and/or that your router is forwarding the appropriate ports to your PC. It's not GameSpy that's not connecting to you, it's your router/firewall PC configuration that isn't allowing you to connect to GameSpy.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 04:28 PM EDT (US)     23 / 35       
just finished first 2v2..slaughtered them. It's cause I'm so used to playing egypt, which I drew randomly.

Now I'm 1-1-0 ranked 52nd on the ladder with only 107 registered ladder users. 10 minutes before, 101 total users.

The game's availibilty just mushroomed today. After not finding it anywhere, it was everywhere and every place this morning.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Ranger SSSI
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 35       
Is there a ladder page? Why can't I find it? Why isn't there a link to it from riseandfallgame.com ??

ps. I don't have the game yet I just want to see the ladder

[This message has been edited by Ranger SSSI (edited 06-14-2006 @ 05:19 PM).]

Valdraz
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 05:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 35       
_o0XxX0o_ stay for your beating next time!

/yarrg!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames