You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » what play style...
Bottom
Topic Subject:what play style...
Wisler
Conscript
posted 06-12-06 06:48 PM EDT (US)         
what play style are you planning to use?

im gonna be Rome and use julius. im going to pump out mostly regular infantrymen with a lot of archer back up and some spearmen to guard the archers.then ill make catapults once i get to the enemy base and also towers to surround him in. if theres water ill use 2 boats to land on the shore and build up a wall to put archers on while i build up some more troops from the ships.

only problem is i may be stretched out to thin but ill try.

AuthorReplies:
fnh
Conscript
posted 06-12-06 07:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I also plan on using Rome. I'll be using the other Caeser instead of Julius. I like his warcry. My plan is to pump out Rome's superior infantymen with some cavalry to back me up against siege weapons. I'll charge in with Germanicus at the front using his warcry to scary away the enemy so my infanty will have a clear shot at the buildings. Once all the builds have been destroyed, my infanty will clean up what's left.
Wisler
Conscript
posted 06-12-06 07:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
i dont know if you have time to kill all the buildings, war cry wont last that long, it would cost you a lot of men trying to kill all the buildings.

also i forgot to add caeser will be fun because i think it would be sweet to use your shield to block instead of just a big war hammer or like cleopatra just blocks with her sword. ive always liked shields, i just wish you could do turtle formation, that would be sweet.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-12-06 07:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
I like Julius's effect, the bombardment... but I know I will probably use Persia most of the time, but for the first month or so I will probably go random, and learn all the civilizations. Only way to get pro is to learn them all.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
fnh
Conscript
posted 06-12-06 08:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
As long as you have the stamina for it you can Warcry as many time as you want. I'm pretty certain that it will give me enough time to destroy at least 2 buildings before I Warcry again. Roman is suppose to have the best but most expensive units so I expect that my infantry will fair pretty well even if out numbered.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-12-06 10:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Thats true, but destroying buildings doesnt do that much damage... When you think about it, if you destroy an enemy barrack, you make him lose 325 (or so) wood. If you destroy a formation of 64 archers (depending on civilization) you make him lose more than 325 wood and a lot of gold. You make him lose more resources, and there are less things shooting at you I would understand your thought if you wanted to make enemy military run so you could kill citizens... but buildings?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
EvilSanta
Conscript
posted 06-13-06 04:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Destroying buildings doesnt affect enemy economy too bad and you still would have enemy forces to deal with.But if you want to do that,do it.

Im myself going to try Greek and outtech enemy.Alexanders bow will help me during early stages,later I can send my spartans and that fire tank to make short work of enemy.

fnh
Conscript
posted 06-13-06 12:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Actually destroying a barrack does more than take away 325 wood, it means that they can't produce anymore units from that barrack. This is especially important against a numbers civ like Persia, who can produce troops in seconds. There is no way you can out mass Perisa.

I've been playing the game since I got it last night (don't worry I went to bed at 3am) and found this stragety to work well against the computer. Rome's infantry is the best in the game and are near uber. They take very little damage from the basic units, allowing them to ignore the attacks and concentrate on destroying the buildings. After the buildings been destroyed, they can turn around and slaughter the enemy.

Spartans and fireraisers is a great combo. Just make sure your Spartans are well trained or they'll go down easily.

smccann
Noble (VIP)
posted 06-13-06 01:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I'm going to use Persia and hero rush early with Nebuchadnezzar, because I'm cheap.

I use Taki in Soul Calibur and Pai in Virtua Fighter for the same reason.

The best defense against an early hero rush is walls. Unfortunately for my opponents, walls aren't fun to build, so they never think about it until I'm in their town center, spraypainting "Persia is TEH AWESOEM" on the side of the tent.

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-13-06 01:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Actually, the best defense against an early hero rush is your own hero--just make sure he's "upped" as well.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-13-06 11:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
That is true, just make sure your hero is not countered by your enemy's hero... Like if you were to build Ramses or Germanicus against Neb, chances are Neb would win because Germanicus and Ramses would get very few hits.

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-14-06 03:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
I'm in England and havent got the game yet but i'm planning to sit there on a bunch of walls with sargon firing bunches of arrows at anything that moves
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-14-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Then the catipults roll in...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames