You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Rise and Fall Advertisement
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise and Fall Advertisement
Intrepid
Conscript
posted 05-27-06 12:02 PM EDT (US)         
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-27-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26       
lol wow. i havent seen that, but uh... rome and persia are missing, and it look greece is in wrong place, hard to tell from map

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 05-27-2006 @ 12:16 PM).]

PCDania
Conscript
(id: PCD)
posted 05-27-06 04:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26       
The country named Egypt is now-a-days Tunisia where once Carthage was situated. As far as I know it has never been under Egyptian rule but I could be wrong.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Intrepid
Conscript
posted 05-27-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 26       
PCDania
Conscript
posted 05-27-06 05:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26       

Quote:

Pretty big mistake, no?

Well, if you know how good US-americans generally seems to be at geography then it could have been worse

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Intrepid
Conscript
posted 05-27-06 05:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26       

Quote:

Well, if you know how good US-Americans generally seems to be at geography then it could have been worse.

I think according to current statistics 60% of Americans cannot find Iraq on an unmarked map and 90% cannot find their own hometown on an unmarked map.

PCDania
Conscript
posted 05-27-06 05:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 26       
That's what I think according to too

tFighterPilot
Conscript
posted 05-27-06 06:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 26       

Quote:

I think according to current statistics 60% of Americans cannot find Iraq on an unmarked map and 90% cannot find their own hometown on an unmarked map.

There's also a research that says that 75% of statistics are made up.

[This message has been edited by tFighterPilot (edited 05-27-2006 @ 06:38 PM).]

Dieneces
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 03:29 AM EDT (US)     8 / 26       
The Greek arrow points to Macedonia... which unfortunately makes sense. Rome and Persia appear in the ad too, but at different times.

I really do hope that Midway doesn't really think that's where the Egyptian empire was situated, for the love of God.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
chikoroll
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 06:03 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26       
lol they are game designers, not geologists :P
Intrepid
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 07:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26       
tFighterPilot
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 07:51 AM EDT (US)     11 / 26       

Quote:

Geographer.

People with common knowledge.

dark_mace
Banned
posted 05-30-06 11:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 26       

Quote:

People with common knowledge.

Sex on the beach.

Miccy Narc
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26       
/head explodes
I think anyone and their little sister knows where Egypt is located, if not, then shouldn't they, I dunno, check a map before creating an ad?
smccann
Noble (VIP)
posted 05-30-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26       
!@#$#!@# @#$@#$ @#$%@#$ing son of a @#$%#@$%ing #@$%@#$% @#$&%^* @*#$&*#$ !@#@$^%$&#@$er.

You always get the most angry at mistakes that are your fault.

My most profound apologies to you all. I have submitted a change order for a new ad. Look for that new ad to start trafficking on or around the 6th of June.

Until then, we will all have to live with my mistake, and I will live with its shame.

Sean McCann
Product Marketing Manager, Midway Home Entertainment
tFighterPilot
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 02:36 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26       
That's alright, my friend thought Canada is in south America
Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 03:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26       
You're perfectly forgiven smccan, we all make mistakes at sometime or another.

It's understandeable how when you're in a rush to get things done, it's easy to miss things. If you glance at that ad, it's easy for your mind to place Egypt on the lower, left-corner of the map--especially if you're visualizing the Gaza strip in the center of the map.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
foolman
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 11:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26       

Quote:

So according to current statistics, more people know where Iraq is then know where they live?

Hmm...

Intrepid
Conscript
posted 05-30-06 11:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26       

Quote:

So according to current statistics, more people know where Iraq is then know where they live?

Hmm...

Well that isn’t that surprising. Pointing out where your hometown is on an unmarked map is a great deal more difficult than pointing out where an entire country is.

But this thread really isn’t about this particular topic; my apologies for taking the thread off course by posting statistics.

Quote:

My most profound apologies to you all. I have submitted a change order for a new ad. Look for that new ad to start trafficking on or around the 6th of June.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid (edited 05-30-2006 @ 11:23 PM).]

Dieneces
Conscript
posted 05-31-06 02:23 AM EDT (US)     19 / 26       
Hey, it's no big deal smc. But it's pretty awesome that you're going out of your way to change it.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-03-06 00:32 AM EDT (US)     20 / 26       
thats tru. a mistake is only bad if u dont fix it.

BTW: i dont doubt that, americans r crappy at geography, and i know that, cuz im american. i can find my city on an unmarked world map, or within i guess 1 or 2 degrees up and down (yes i relize that that is about 150 or so miles, but with the scaling that big, it would be difficult)however, i might now be able to place iraq. (sorta know general area) i know that that is pathetic, but seeing as im only 13, not to worried bout it.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 06-03-2006 @ 00:34 AM).]

chikoroll
Conscript
posted 06-03-06 08:25 AM EDT (US)     21 / 26       
or if you dont have broad enough shoulders to admit to it

good man smc

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-04-06 09:05 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26       
i just admitted it lol. i dont know very well where iraq is. i could get within maybe 500 miles of border? geo is my worst part of history (my worst subject) so w/e.

tFighterPilot
Conscript
posted 06-05-06 09:05 AM EDT (US)     23 / 26       

Quote:

i just admitted it lol. i dont know very well where iraq is. i could get within maybe 500 miles of border? geo is my worst part of history (my worst subject) so w/e.

Closely followed by grammar, I presume?
Fvlminata
Conscript
posted 06-05-06 10:17 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26       
Hi,
Egypt?! How At that time there were Carthagia Or am i wrong?!

Well i think the best one is not see that ad.

Bye

AEAa
Conscript
posted 06-05-06 01:33 PM EDT (US)     25 / 26       
Dude! You are terrible belated...

all you have sayed was sayed before.

Its a silly mistake, yes but everyone got it now!

[This message has been edited by AEAa (edited 06-05-2006 @ 01:35 PM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-05-06 10:01 PM EDT (US)     26 / 26       
i dont care much bout grammar when im typing on forums, or chat rooms, but i can use proper grammer if i could give a flying rats butt.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames