You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Trigger Mods
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trigger Mods
N2DFRAY
Noble (VIP)
posted 10-27-06 05:48 PM EDT (US)         
I've noticed that the "Mod" section of this site is empty (at least last time I checked). I know this is probably because the data files are not accessible, but I have an idea that would give this section some content. It sounds like a number of people have played around with altering game characteristics via triggers. A lot of the time, people might like the ideas a triggered map is running, but want to apply them to a different map.

The Mod section could be used as follows;

-Post empty maps with only the triggers attached and a readme explaining what the triggers do and (hopefully) granting the right for others to use the ideas as long as credit is given where credit is due.
-Other designers can download the triggered "Mods" and apply them to whatever (NON-TRIGGERED) map they like by following this procedure:

-Load the trigger mod in the Editor.
-Hit Ctrl – S (saves triggers).
-Load the non-triggered map.
-Hit Ctrl – L (loads triggers into the current map).
-Finish the map and post it (giving proper credit to the designer of the triggers of course).

I say “non-triggered” map because this method will overwrite any pre-existing triggers.

Another important point is that trigger mods should not use the “Select on Map” object specification. Obviously if an certain object isn't in the new map, things are not going to work.

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-27-06 06:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
So doing that people could host games with whatever map they want, but with triggers of some sort... Say, balancing?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
N2DFRAY
Noble (VIP)
posted 10-30-06 04:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Exactly, as long as the triggers didn't rely on objects or areas that do not exist in the map to be modified.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-30-06 06:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Thats awesome... We would need to get lots of people to get it so that whenever people host, they can just put on balancing effects and nobody would have to download.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames