Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I just got my Rise & Fall
Bottom
Topic Subject:I just got my Rise & Fall
adbat
Conscript
posted 05-31-07 06:37 PM EDT (US)         
I only payed $10 + tax. it was on sell at ebgames and today last day for that price
So far it looks good and I allso download lastest patch for it.
AuthorReplies:
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-31-07 09:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
Well welcome to R&F, but the game is pretty much dead. I was online today and there were only 11 people online. So I'm glad you got it for such a good price, that's like the higest I would go with the results that I got. Have fun though.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-01-07 05:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
So much for breaking it gently, but he's got it just about spot on.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-01-07 10:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
Don't worry about it, adbat, the campaigns are still fun and so is Singleplayer. Plus you can still get online games, but they won't have much variety in them.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
adbat
Conscript
posted 06-01-07 03:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Why is this game dieing ? I love this game it so fun to play. I love new idea you can control your hero in full3d. and tell units what to do. I never seen any other RTS games can do this. I have allso tryed map editer it reminds me of Empire Earth 1 map editer you can make units stonger. I wouldnt mined see expack come out.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-01-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
This was made by the same people who made EE and with the same engine. The editors are nearly identical.

The game is dying because it was never supported and because it was released without being finished. The producers, Midway, cut funding for the developers making them go bankrupt. Then Midway simply released it and did nothing with it.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-01-07 06:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
EE 1 was my game. I practically wrote the book on EE multiplayer scenarios.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
adbat
Conscript
posted 06-02-07 03:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
Thats strange I dont have to much with trouble with lastest patch. their was an odd bug of a dead body stuck in the sky. I think they did a good job with lastest patch.
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-02-07 03:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
They can't be bothered to back it up though.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-02-07 05:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
The problems aren't bugs, but the balance. Rome is very over powered and swordsmen in general are as well.

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-03-07 04:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
At peek times, you will find approx. 40-50 people online at noon Central Time US. So calculate that based on your time-zone, and that's how you'll find some good games.

Interestingly, I'm able to get a good game going with just 10-15 people online. lol

We all here acknowledge that the game is pretty much dead. But Rise & Fall will always have a "life" place in our hearts.

There's just something about Rise & Fall that we can see through that most people can't discern, nor comprehend. We see the potential and how big it could have gone. It is, to-date, the most fun "style" RTS game. Nothing out there comes close as far as addiction and endless fun in the realm of RTS.

But Midway was unwilling to wait for SSSi to finish the game. You can look up Rise & Fall and Stainless Steel Studios on Wikipedia.com and it will tell you the whole story. It was a very sad ending. Midway didn't consider the game valuable enough for them to invest their time and resources. They will always be remembered for their "console" dedication, and their lazy attention toward quality PC gaming.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998

[This message has been edited by Lysimachus (edited 06-03-2007 @ 04:12 PM).]

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-04-07 02:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
We all here acknowledge that the game is pretty much dead. But Rise & Fall will always have a "life" place in our hearts.
OMG you're making me cry *sniff*

STOMERS
Conscript
posted 06-05-07 00:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
Im new 2 this chat line
I play rise and fall olmost everyday
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-05-07 09:58 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
Cool, welcome to HeavenGames.

STOMERS
Conscript
posted 06-05-07 12:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
I agree with u,raf is dying down but there are still allot of new people joining the game,and as long as there are people joining the game will stay alive
There arened alot of people online anymore but if u not that good its still very challenging
Everyone wants to be good at the game
Im not good but im not bad neider but i want to be really good
Alot of the people that that dont play the game anymore have masterd the game have all the strats ect
I will play the game untill there are no 1 online anymore
its fun and u get a lot off friends,and it gives u someting to do when u boared
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-05-07 12:31 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Dude, a little advice. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you put a little more efoort into making your posts more easy to read, it would help. Welcome BTW.

The problem is, there are not as many people joining the game as leaving it, so the numbers are dwindling anyway.

STOMERS
Conscript
posted 06-05-07 12:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
There are still at least 50 people online everyday
People that have the game for a year or so are getting boared off it thats the problem
Like all the good players arn't playing anymore
There are are still allot of people playing because they like it and they wanna be good at it
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-05-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
Thanks for taking Sargon's advice

I think you are very correct. The people who got very good at the game such as o0XxX0o (though he went to the editor), Dr Grip and myself got bored of it. And people still do play, but they only play high resource no rush which gets very boring.

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-08-07 04:49 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
Welcome to the game STOMERS, and welcome to HeavenGames.

I'm glad there are people enjoying the game, such as yourself. We all have enjoyed it, some more than others, and it is definitely worth playing at the prices now available!

There's a ton of information available on the site already, but feel free to post your questions as you play the game.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames