Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Balance maps
Bottom
Topic Subject:Balance maps
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-23-07 09:35 PM EDT (US)         
Do balance maps, such as the ones that Dr Grip has uploaded ever cath a game online? That is will people ever play with them? And if you host, will anyone join?

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago

[This message has been edited by Sir Snoopy (edited 05-23-2007 @ 09:36 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-23-07 10:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Not really unless you specifically set it up because people are to busy playing 2v2 Sands of War to bother with a custom map. Plus it takes forever to upload it to people, and it often gets interupted for something as simple as somebody leaving the server. Then you start all over...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 04:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Yeah, the main problem is it takes ages to load, especially larger maps. I have tried hosting my maps, and sometimes I managed to get a few games going. However not all people are patient to wait, plus there are always possiblities of connection problems, out of sync error, or other Gamespy problems. You can still try hosting them if you want though.

This is the best signature ever!
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 09:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
It sounds like we need to get forum parties started. Only 5 people online right now, isn't that sad! Out of the whole world... <cries>

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 05-25-07 04:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Forum parties are one of the best things for this type of community, and for gaming. I could never understand why we couldn't create a larger interest in them.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-25-07 04:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Well, I'm intrested, and I only started playing online a few weeks ago. There are quite a few players on the site here. Mabye we can get one started.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-25-07 05:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Problem:Others have tried many times to get forum parties going.
Problem: People couldnt get on at the time of the party and so there were maybe 2 people that would get on for the party.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
DominatorGREP
Conscript
posted 05-25-07 08:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Yah, I hate it when that happens. 2 forum parties have been attempted. The first was before I got the game, but I think GoSailing said there were like 3 people. The second one I suggested, but in the end about 5 people (including me) who said they could make it didn't show up (stupid parents dragging me shopping...). So that one also had about 2 people.
I guess we could attempt another one, but it would probably have comparible success.

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-25-07 10:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Actually there were 3 forum parties then the one you suggested. They all failed but were fun anyways.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 05-26-07 03:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Previous success or failure is not always an accurate predictor of future results. If there's a will to get a party together and it's properly coordinated, it could succeed.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor

[This message has been edited by Chonaman (edited 05-26-2007 @ 03:40 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames