You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.44 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Egypt: The turtle of the world?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Egypt: The turtle of the world?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-13-07 10:02 PM EDT (US)         
(Every thing said here is imho)
With all that I have seen on the forums and while play ing the game, I think that turtling is the best choise for egyptians. With their Brewer improvments, you can fend off any attacks while you reasearch the slave advisor so you can build walls. To defend the wall, you can send the charriots out of the gate to hit any seige engines, and with a long range bow hero (cleo) You can stop almost any attack. Then, in the late game, you can prevent any attacks and just raid with the charriots, untill you can build a big army.
To me, this seems like an answer to the roman rush. However, I am not good enough to try it. THe key thing here is the slave reasearch, so you can mass wals. Later, the "wood for gold" advisor is very good in the late game.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-21-07 01:00 AM EDT (US)     26 / 44       
*sigh*

Oh dear god please drop it...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 05-21-07 11:43 AM EDT (US)     27 / 44       
Didnt I beat you and sail low res persia vs 2 persias back in the old days? Isnt that right oxo? my good ol pal ^_^ Shall we 1v1? Or are you describing high res? Cause in high res everybody plays rome but I cant even play rome correct in high res so pretty much the only thing I can do in high res is mass army and get the economy that I know how to get.
Let me read that again...
Didnt I beat you and sail low res persia vs 2 persias back in the old days? Isnt that right oxo? my good ol pal ^_^ Shall we 1v1? Or are you describing high res? Cause in high res everybody plays rome but I cant even play rome correct in high res so pretty much the only thing I can do in high res is mass army and get the economy that I know how to get.
one more time....
OK....got it.

Sorry the debate club meets on tuesdays. Tuesday is my mellow out day.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 05-21-07 01:01 PM EDT (US)     28 / 44       
Lol. Ya right!

A competitive player can play ALL civs. If roman had to play any other civ but rome, he would get pawned.
As soon as I saw that I groaned audibly. Seriously, I knew what was coming next.

I had to use a spell checker for Roman's reply. Knowing spellcheckers, it came out like this:
Dint I beat you and sail low revs Persia vs. 2 personas back in the old days? Isnít that right oxen? My good oil pal ^_^ Shall we 1v1? Or are you describing high red? Cause in high rest everybody plays Rome but I cant even play Rome correct in high rest so pretty much the only thing I can do in high rest is mass army and get the economy that I know how to get.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-21-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     29 / 44       
Why doesn't everybody drop it? *re-reads _o0XxX0o_'s quotes*

Roman, have I not told you multiple times that I was eating while playing that game? I let you and _o0XxX0o_ fight it out while eating. It was a 1v1 you vs o0XxX0o, but you had two person's worth of gold so you had the advantage anyways.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 05-21-07 10:40 PM EDT (US)     30 / 44       
Haviing played over 10,000 online games of raf, I don't even remember.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-22-07 11:37 PM EDT (US)     31 / 44       
Im not sure what was up with that spell check thing that guy did.But you did have a big army Sail. and my ally did use some of his gold. But either way the point is that I still beat oxo without Rome which is what I was getting at the only thing was that. That was the only game I can recall playing oxo in without using greece egypt or rome. Those all being stronger then Persia.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-23-07 00:02 AM EDT (US)     32 / 44       
I had an army but I didn't use it... I even specifically told you not to attack it, but I guess you- uh- forgot that part.

bballkid00
Conscript
posted 05-23-07 03:46 PM EDT (US)     33 / 44       
herrrrrrrrrrrooooo friends
RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-23-07 04:43 PM EDT (US)     34 / 44       
Actually you were playing now that I recall.You had elephants and kept stampeding my army. And I couldnt go around your army cause Oxo walled off his side of the map.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
bballkid00
Conscript
posted 05-23-07 10:16 PM EDT (US)     35 / 44       
ok just ignore me roman =[
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-23-07 10:45 PM EDT (US)     36 / 44       
No, that _o0XxX0o_... Remember, we were both Persia.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 00:28 AM EDT (US)     37 / 44       
Reason I skipped over you Bball is because your never active.Try becoming active on here and the RoR site. The RoR site being your main stop and I will talk to you more.Also if you want faster communication add me on msn messenger. jlr_5175@hotmail.com

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 00:49 AM EDT (US)     38 / 44       
Being months ago, Persian strats have changed. Now, building 30-40 cats is all it takes to beat a non-Persian civ. Rome is even more vulnerable to persian cat attack.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     39 / 44       

yeah but you can counter it with cavalry.
quick strong and destructive raiders.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
bballkid00
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 03:53 PM EDT (US)     40 / 44       
it doesnt matter this game is dead already it was dead when it came out
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 04:32 PM EDT (US)     41 / 44       
Well that's not a good aditude, bballkid00. I happen to like this game, and this is a fan site. I do agree, with you though, it is dead, but there's no sence in rubbing it in.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-24-07 08:30 PM EDT (US)     42 / 44       
Go to RoR site Bball and become active there.The link is in acamas's sig.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-25-07 00:40 AM EDT (US)     43 / 44       
Yep, cavalry will own siege and its not like Spearmen actually do anything and cavalry can run past swords so they can rip apart siege. Expanding a wall closer and closer to the enemy base will change that, though.

PS: Roman, email him for that off-topic type stuff.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 05-25-07 10:04 AM EDT (US)     44 / 44       
LEvel your hero up and run through with a sword and a lot of stamina I guess. and Bball never answers email.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames