Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Chariots
Bottom
Topic Subject:Chariots
Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-05-07 07:47 PM EDT (US)         
Does any one have any problems with keeping about 15-20 war(Egyptian) chariots organised and in firing range of somthing without microing every one? And possibly with little room?

Also, what's do people think about Ramses vs Cleo?

Thanks

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago

[This message has been edited by Sir Snoopy (edited 05-06-2007 @ 09:10 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-06-07 01:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Because you asked about Ramses and Cleo, I'm assuming you mean Egyptian chariots. Just keep having them moving around within distance of enemy swordsmen.

As for Ramses vs Cleo, it all depends on your playing style. I like to rush and attack early, so I generally rush, then level up quickly and have Ramses with 1000 stamina at 10 minutes and he alone could kill the enemy army, then I have my swordsmen help out.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
DominatorGREP
Conscript
posted 05-07-07 07:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Ramses with 1000 stamina at 10 minutes

I think you mean 10,000 stamina
Egyptian chariots aren't that hard to micro. Just keep running them in circles around the enemy formations. Personally I never have more than 10 of them though; about 5 is plenty for me. Good for raiding or just slaughtering swordsmen.

I prefer Cleopatra over Ramses, because with a ranged attack she tends to not get killed so easily. Also, her special attack is awesome. Gotta love it when 3 Palintonos suddenly start changing their fire and start killing the Romans

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-07-07 08:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I think you mean 10,000 stamina

A level 2 Ramses has a limit at like 3000... And it takes about 2 or 3 minutes for the stamina to reach 1000, so you have to make Ramses be level 2 by at least 7 minutes (I generally have more than 1000 stamina, but not enough to throw some odd number like 1294). That means you have to research level 2 by around 5 minutes.

If you have some way to have infantry out at 2:40 and keep pumping them out while getting Ramses 10,000 stamina, I'd love to see it

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 05-09-07 03:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
It can be hard to micromanage the chariots and the economy at the same time. So it's good to keep some infantries in reserve. If you need to go back to your base to control your economy, send the chariots behind the infantries so they get protected.

This is the best signature ever!
DominatorGREP
Conscript
posted 05-09-07 10:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I thought you were talking about max stamina
Looks like I misunderstood. 1000 stamina it is then!

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
Papyrus
Conscript
posted 05-11-07 03:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Ramses is probably about the only antirush technology built into the game. Because of his freakishly powerful staff. Thats assuming you can get your hero out and with enough stamina early on. Also, one must note Cleos ability to change enemies into frendlies is not available in multiplayer. Perhaps it was too powerful to be in the game. But it was foretold that one day a player could change enemies into friendlies with Cleo. His name is Nelson, He is in accounting.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-11-07 06:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
You can convert enemies in MP...

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 05-12-07 05:35 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Cleo's power is marginal, especially in the ealry game. Her convert power uses a lot of stamina. And intially it takes a lot of time to build stamina. However, when I am Egypt, the level 1 advisor that gives 2x glory for building, usually allows me to advance to hero level 2 wiithout fighting or building a single glory statue. The biggest problem with Egypt is, swords take so very long to train, and the very best advisors(unit cost reduction, merchant advisor for wood/gold interchangability, charioteer, 50+ pop advisor, and tanner advisor), are availible so late and cost soooo much glory, by the time you get them up and running, it's usually too late.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 05-12-2007 @ 05:35 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames