Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Two City States
Bottom
Topic Subject:Two City States
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 04-15-07 08:28 PM EDT (US)         
I have finally completed this project! Two City States is a 2 player defensive map. Each player starts in a heavily fortrified walled city state. This allows players to play defensively as well as aggressively. Like other maps the goal is to destroy all your enemies' buildings. There is only one outpost in the centre of the map but you start with 7 recruitment points. Resources are plenty in the city but you will run out eventually, so it's no good cowering inside for 3 hours. There are additional gold mines hidden in the map, though it's pretty easy to find if you have reveal map on.

As I said the cities are heavily fortrified. The walls are invincible, but you can destroy the gate or capture the walls. Also onagers are disabled, instead you can build battering rams and siege towers once you have found the siege master. In this map you can only play as the Greeks, unfortunately. Don't try picking any other nations, otherwise you will find that you might not be able to train or build anything at all.

I have also rebalanced the units, and I believe this is even better than the balancing in Grand Canyon (my other map):

- Cavalry is now much faster and deadly. They are good against enemy archers, siege engines and swordsmen. But you should keep them away from spearmen.

- Spearmen are slightly stronger. They are still very good against cavalry and can hold enemy infantry. But they are slightly slower than swordsmen, meaning they are vulnerable to archers.

- Archers will probably be used more frequently in this map to defend against enemy assault. They should be kept away from hand to hand fighting.

- Although not as strong as spearmen, you should find swordsmen to be useful for assaulting enemy's wall. They can hold enemy infantry too.

Here are some screenshots:
The city
Prepare for Battle
The Assault Begins
Defend the Wall
Siege Tower Destroyed
Defend the Wall II
The Wall is Taken!
The Gate is Down
Hold Back!
Catapults
Outnumbered
The Last Stand
Reinforcement

Hope you like it!

Link to file: Should be ready in a few days time!

This is the best signature ever!
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-15-07 10:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Sounds good, but maybe you wanna use your awesome cherub powers and move it to Scn Design

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 04-16-07 12:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
That looks... Incredible.

Keep it up!

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Athen
Conscript
posted 04-18-07 01:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
I think you should limit the accuracy and strength of archers otherwise ladderman will be completely useless. I hate it when people mass archers and they have an unrealistic accuracy rate.

Top 15 RAF Ladder: [RoR]Acamas
"Macs are the computing equivalent of a dumb blond. " - Silk
Formally known as Acamas, Acamas_Samaca and Hero_Acamas
If you are interested in the [RoR] clan visit our website
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 04-18-07 09:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Well, you can make siege towers. They should have good resistence against arrows. But we'll see.

DominatorGREP
Conscript
posted 04-18-07 06:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
I've never liked ladder teams anyways. Siege towers are much better and resist arrow fire exponentially well. Anyways sounds great. Perhaps I'll play a few games online with this map when it's out.

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-18-07 07:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
The problem with ladder teams is you can't get them to climb the other ladders. Your army gets trapped on an enemy wall, and thats not to great.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 04-18-07 08:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Since you slowed spearmen down...wont that allow them to just mass cavalry and archers and dominate?

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 04-18-07 09:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Kudos, Dr Grip! That's a great looking map with some interesting gameplay options.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 04-19-07 11:06 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
The map is now online, looks cool. I wish I could try it out, but my copy of RaFH is..misplace at the minute. Shame on me.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-19-07 06:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Sargon, I'll play you on this map once you find your copy of RaF. Email me when you do

Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 04-19-07 07:20 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
What about AI??
Will it work for them?
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 04-19-07 08:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
Since you slowed spearmen down...wont that allow them to just mass cavalry and archers and dominate?

I didn't slow spearmen down. They are actually slightly slower than swordsmen by default. In fact archers have the same speed as spearmen I think, so swordsmen are the fastest infantries, but only slightly. I have made Spartans slightly faster though, but they are still the slowest unit.

What about AI??
Will it work for them?

Unfortunately, the AI will react very stupidly in this map. (I've made some test and they didn't build anything apart from citizens at all) But I might release the SP version later, if I have time.

Hopefully, I'll have time to play online soon. And if I'm lucky I might see one of you guys too.

[This message has been edited by Dr Grip (edited 04-19-2007 @ 08:06 PM).]

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 04-20-07 02:30 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Ai's can be given a boost. I've noticed that AI's only build cits if there is no gold or trees nearby. Ai prompting such as favorite units and ai build commands speed their army up.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames