Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ancient Wars: Sparta
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ancient Wars: Sparta
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Irish_PXzyan
Conscript
posted 03-01-07 08:57 PM EDT (US)         
hey.

Hey guys...can anyone remmember Ancient Wars: Sparta? it was mentioned here in september. if not then take a look at the link.

Its an RTS game that looks very like this game, it sounds great and its out in 2 weeks from now

Now all i hope is that theres an editor to give a go

http://www.playlogicgames.com/games/?id=sparta

AuthorReplies:
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 05-02-07 10:20 PM EDT (US)     76 / 94       
I don't know what Inaros is, but I'm guessing it's a cheat code simular to "olympus".

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-02-07 10:39 PM EDT (US)     77 / 94       
No, its an Egyptian hero that is over powered. He is said to be toned down, though.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
OWnEd YoU
Conscript
posted 05-03-07 08:00 PM EDT (US)     78 / 94       
Would Inaros beat a V.1 Alexander fire bow equiped and full stamina lvl 5.

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2%
that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig. -
Hoarfrost
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-03-07 11:51 PM EDT (US)     79 / 94       
You can't compare it... And Alexander wasn't all that OP, which I was saying the whole time. Hes only a bit annoying if you are an idiot, and you mass your army in the space of one formation. He was never toned down, nothing was fixed as far as balance goes. And yet nobody complains about him now... wonder why.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 05-04-07 10:11 AM EDT (US)     80 / 94       
Alexander fire bow has never done that much damage. It runs out of stamina before it can do some real harm.

DominatorGREP
Conscript
posted 05-05-07 00:31 AM EDT (US)     81 / 94       
I downloaded the demo of Ancient Wars: Sparta, but it lags like HELL. It's literally unstandable. I don't understand it though. My computer can play Rise and Fall and Age of Empries III fine with little to no lag. Any ideas on why this is happening?

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 05-05-07 05:24 AM EDT (US)     82 / 94       
You can't compare it... And Alexander wasn't all that OP, which I was saying the whole time. Hes only a bit annoying if you are an idiot, and you mass your army in the space of one formation. He was never toned down, nothing was fixed as far as balance goes. And yet nobody complains about him now... wonder why.

Fine, how about lvl 7 Julius Ceasar with his seige barrage?

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-05-07 10:29 AM EDT (US)     83 / 94       
I don't know GREP, I run it fine and everybody else I know runs it fine.

Sargon, you can't compare unbalances from game to game... it just doesn't work.

Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 05-31-07 09:34 PM EDT (US)     84 / 94       
So how is it? It's been out for a few months, Is the online any good? Does it run fine? Is it worth $40?? Should I be getting it? Are there any complaints? What do peaople think about it? Is it going to be dead like R&F? I'm so full of questions but there's no heaven to look at. <cries>

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-31-07 10:50 PM EDT (US)     85 / 94       
1) Its a lot of fun if you can get a game going
2) Online is fun, but the MP crowd is almost always 0
3) It runs like a dream, and looks great also
4) If your only fun is multiplayer, no its not. If your fun is campaigns, then yes
5) I wouldn't
6) Pretty much everybody agrees its a great game with more potential than RaF, but it got screwed over worse.
7) Its much more dead sadly. The company made a new engine for this game and we all thought that meant they really cared. All it meant was that the developers would create a practice game to learn the engine. Then they decided to sell it because hey, why not? They are already developing 2 games right now and I think it might turn into 3 fairly shortly.

Sir Snoopy
Conscript
posted 06-01-07 07:52 AM EDT (US)     86 / 94       
So what are the games that I should be looking at now?

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-01-07 10:19 AM EDT (US)     87 / 94       
Honestly, I don't know. I've been looking for good RTS games coming out but there aren't really any except SC2, but I never really liked SC... Even worse is that most companies won't want to release any RTS game to close to the release of SC2 because they know it won't sell because everybody will still be addicted to SC2.

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-03-07 04:23 PM EDT (US)     88 / 94       
So is the Sparta game out yet? Or just the demo?

I read the whole thread, and I still can't gather whether it's out or not. Some of you act as if you're playing the full version by mentioning "Patch", and some of you only mention the "demo".

I'm confused.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-03-07 07:04 PM EDT (US)     89 / 94       
I talked with irsish. He was involved with this game for a while then he just wont play raf anymore. He said the developers don't care. So he's not investing anymore time in the game.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-03-07 10:46 PM EDT (US)     90 / 94       
The game has been released for about 2 months now, but the thread is fairly older than that. It has not been patched and will not be. The admin have abandoned the forums and won't let us know anything. They are already developing two games with the engine and it seems that they made a "practice" game so they could learn how to use the engine. They then decided to sell it because, hey, why not?

Of course that last bit is speculation, but they are working on two other games and always means they aren't going to support what they have out.

There are huge problems with Single player, such as AI's not teaming up. Every game is a free for all, no matter what you set the teams as. You can run cheats online and there isn't even a supported editor, although Irish and a few others figured out how to access and use it.

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-06-07 11:50 AM EDT (US)     91 / 94       
So in other words, what you're saying is....Sparta is another flop like RaF was?

Except, with RnF, the developers actually cared, and the publishers messed up. Sounds to me like it's the developers this time for Sparta? That's even worse.

If that's the case, I'm just sticking with RaF.

Which game is more fun in your opinion? Which one is more entertaining?

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-06-07 06:15 PM EDT (US)     92 / 94       
Yes, Sparta is another flop, but IMHO worse.

The developers didn't care and I guess it didn't effect what the publishers did in any way.

Honestly, I think Sparta is a much better and more fun game. It just failed worse than RaF, which I didn't think possible until now.

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-07-07 04:51 AM EDT (US)     93 / 94       
Here's are some of the things they should have done to make Raf better:

1. Make Eco harder to kill.
2. Rome swords should be easier to kill.
3. Make it so hosted games don't "disappear" in the lobby.
4. Make custom maps smaller in size so it doesn't take forever to load. Empire Earth had much smaller file size almost 1 to 10 ratio over EmpiresDMW. And Edmw had the same simple terrain elevation system, unlike RaF.
5. No complicated .rmv files needed to host custom maps.
6. Add some new maps once in a while, or possibly add a random map script.
7. Hire some talented editor user's to make some custom game files on a low budget system. I'm tired of being the only map maker that makes any game maps that are any good. I've heard comments that if I kept making great maps like I do, they would keep playing RaF forever.
8. Make options for winning more varied. Other games have conditions for winning like: King of the hill(hold possession of the hill for a set time and win). Or regiside(everyone gets a king and you lose if he dies). There is a condition in the Guagamela map that the winner is the 1st person that gets 5k wood & gold, but that is messed up because if you get 5k wood/gold 1st, you win but your allies lose, and everyone is disconnected. And you don't even get the ratings unless you are host. This is ridiculous defect that was never addressed because Midway is a shit company.
9. And most important, units die too slow. The more outnumbered, the faster the smaller army dies. Even a small army can come in and take out vast amounts of buildings. Taking out the altar/grainery/& upgraded ones, and the tc/gc's make it impossible to recover. They should make it so that if a formation attacks a building, then the formation has to break. Or is easier to kill units if they are attacking buildings.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-07-07 10:13 AM EDT (US)     94 / 94       
I agree with all that. The sad part about Sparta is this is what they needed to change:

1) Slightly decrease Inaros's health (only balance problem)
2) Make it so computers team up properly (a huge bug but the only one anybody has found)

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames