You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Anyone here still play online?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anyone here still play online?
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 02-06-07 02:50 PM EDT (US)         
Just wonder are there anyone here still play online in this game? I haven't for a while but I went on a few times this week and none of my buddies were on.

This is the best signature ever!
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 02-06-07 10:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
Sorry haven't been on in about 3 months...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 02-07-07 10:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
I went on yesterday. I played a few games, and when i came out there were 80 people in, which is nice.

It's funny, but at the moment this Forum is also going through a mini renassaince . As I log in all subfora are displaying messages apart from the tech help and moderation forums.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 02-07-2007 @ 11:00 AM).]

chazmac
Conscript
posted 02-08-07 11:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
went on yesterday and there was 43 people online. No games hosted and no1 was responding. Gunna go online now though

"your mum" i think think ppl should worship the pure randomness of it. randomness rocks!
Oscar
Conscript
posted 02-09-07 05:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Sometimes I login in the online lobby but I play only if someone host something different from the sands of war maps...
Ravenyk
Conscript
posted 02-17-07 02:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
I don't have time to play online. Is there a way to watch a game in progress without joining in, like in Rise of Nations?
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 02-17-07 10:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
Yes, i think you can join as an observer.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 02-17-07 11:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
You can join the game as an observer, but you have to be in the game lobby before the game starts, and the map has to be big enough to support all the players and you (even though you won't be playing). Click on your name in the game and select observer to become one, but most hosts won't let you.

You can't start watching a game that has already started. There is no way to just jump into a playing game and to watch it.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 02-17-07 01:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
About every day. I play Greece almost every game. The very late/early morning(est. gmt-5.00) crowd is just about the most obnoxious group of A-holes you'd ever meet. There isn't as much as 1 20Min, no-rush game played without at least 1 player rushing well before the time is up. This is the time where a lot of the same players show up repeatedly, and the European players.

Games that are not visible in the lobby, and games that shortly after become not visible, plague GameSpy. Flamewars, ratings-stacked, and "start without proper teams set" hosts, abound the scene. As well as constant out-of-sync, dropping, really bad noob, players.

OOS games account for more than a 3rd of all games. Games where a player loads too slow after launching(this seems to assure the game won't start at all and accounts for more than a 5th of all games).

Sands of War is by far the most played map, with Plains coming in a clear 2nd place. Following that, Valley of the Conquerors, Canyons, Guagamela, Team Islands, and Large Islands.

But by far the worst aspect is choosing teams. A great majority of the games, the host simply chooses team 1, leaving other players to "fend" it out, so the players ratings are even(this is when the better players try to ally with other good players making everyone complain, or just leave). Clan games are just plain sucker games. They usually have higher ratings, work together well cause they know eachother's stratagy, and depend on noobs coming in and making it an eventual easy kill.

This game will linger with the same online player-amount numbers, long after they archive this site. Just like EDMW. And that time is coming very soon.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 02-17-2007 @ 01:24 PM).]

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 02-18-07 11:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
How refreshing it would be if Rick Goodman actually came in here to say hello to us. I remember he used to post all the time back in the days of EE1. Since he started making EDMW, he hasn't so much as left a single comment.

I wonder what he's up to these days.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
Mokon
Conscript
posted 02-19-07 10:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
Plotting world domination :P

No anyhow I heard something about him doing stuff at tilted mill. Dunno if that was b4 sssi's colapse tho.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • KingXander
    Conscript
    posted 02-19-07 11:49 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
    Hi!
    I play more often these days. I really like the game even with all its flaws. I just must not think about how little effort would make this game so much better and then I'm fine .

I am a European player and I agree with _o0XxX0o_ that at the time we play, people are really assholes. Maybe it just applies to us Europeans, we seem to be a bunch of assholes. Today I hosted the first game in a very long time and people started to insult me for being too slow. Others said I was a noob idiot. It seems to me a lot of players are very young. That does not excuse but probably explain their behaviour.

Anyway. I hope to see some of you guys online, it seems like you are a lot different than those damn Europeans so it surely would be a more civilized tone in the lobby and the games.
    -Alex

[This message has been edited by KingXander (edited 02-19-2007 @ 12:07 PM).]

chazmac
    Conscript
    posted 02-19-07 12:47 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
    I Would've posted ages ago but my computer refused to let me reply. I PLAY alot but the ladder system is putting me off alot. I play with a buddy and win countless games without gaining rating. I MESs about with clans every now and then for the hell of it...

"your mum" i think think ppl should worship the pure randomness of it. randomness rocks!
    Dr Grip
    Conscript
    posted 02-19-07 03:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
    To me it seems most people online care nothing but ratings, rather than fun. Most people play high resources and Romans because it's easy to master, all you have to do is to build a barracks follow by a few swordsmen, then take the outposts quickly. The more outposts you get means the bigger advantage you have. Of course it's easy to get points from this type of games, but what they don't get is fun, and the reason why we play games is to have some fun!

RoMaNPwNaGe
    Conscript
    posted 02-19-07 11:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
    Im going to try and play this weekend and its going to be low res game or games.

(| /)
    (^.^)
    ( > )>
    \) \)
    ^Bunny
    Maximus_d
    Conscript
    posted 03-01-07 10:15 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
    i play online quite alot but it's very annoying because nobody wants a massive brawl in the middle of the map they just wanna get to the base and destroy it so they can get a quick win and points.
    i lose points for winning or gain them for losing or just don't get anything which is ok cus the ladder is ****ed so i don't care. i just love big battles win or lose, me and a couple of my mates just play the computer online because its always ends up in a big fight

[Edit for swear filter - Wok]

[This message has been edited by Wok (edited 03-02-2007 @ 02:04 AM).]

Dr Grip
    Conscript
    posted 03-02-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
    So do I. The main reason I started playing RTS games is to get a few of what a battle is really like. Currently I'm working on a defensive map which hopefully will have some big battles, both siege and open field.

Maximus_d
    Conscript
    posted 03-04-07 07:34 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
    sounds good dr grip can't wait for it to be finished so i can test it.
    problem is though the knob jockeys that play online don't wanna try new things especially maps all they wanna do is play sands which is so boring. its ok if there is a big fight in the middle but that rarely happens.

i'll keep an eye out for your new map.
    whats it called?

Dr Grip
    Conscript
    posted 03-05-07 06:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
    Haven't really made up a name for my new map yet, but once it's finished I'll make an announcement in the forums.

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames