You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies, Closed
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » these fourms are still alive
Bottom
Topic Subject:these fourms are still alive
Chaos moons7
Conscript
posted 08-26-07 03:11 AM EDT (US)         
this is sad this game was a vary good game if only it got around to more pplz but alas it has died
AuthorReplies:
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 08-26-07 04:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
So actually, you lied when you put the title in.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-26-07 12:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
It hasn't died. As long as there are people who visit it won't be dead. These forums may not be the most active but who says a community has to be big to be fun?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Chaos moons7
Conscript
posted 08-26-07 03:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
good point and sorry about the name just thats wat i was going to put first then i put that stuff well just look i was here in the in 2006 and there were tons of pplz on these fourms its sad though i wish it got to more pplz well thats why i say that cause in 2006 there were alots more pplz and this game seemed like it had a great future oh well
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-26-07 03:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
First off, I would like to suggest using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization.

There were quite a few problems with the game upon release that were never fixed. I was here in 2006 as well and these were never the most active forums. There was a load more activity then but with the lack of any support from Midway it is hardly surprising the game is rarely played. Most people aren't willing to visit forums for a game they don't play so it makes sense (though its a sad truth) that the activity on the forums would take a step down.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 08-26-07 05:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
I would recommend you use proper gram...Oh, you saw to it Sails.

Yes, the people who are left are just here to feel the tight-knit community atsmosphere.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-26-07 06:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Its a cozy little heaven here and I like it. I don't play the game, and haven't in months, but I'm here until its archived.

SyBabyUk
Conscript
posted 08-27-07 00:35 AM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Good to see your still around Mr Sails. HOw I miss the old days!! Where players new diversity and had genuine skill!!
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-27-07 01:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
Its nice to see you too, SyBaby. What have you been up to?

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 08-27-07 08:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
Its a cozy little heaven here and I like it. I don't play the game, and haven't in months, but I'm here until its archived.
This forum I don't visit much, but the community forums are my main area. This forum hardly ever has any posts in, so I tend not to visit it.

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 08-27-2007 @ 08:51 AM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-27-07 10:05 AM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
It makes enough sense but by habit I go to main pages of every forum and see what new posts are in what sections.

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 08-27-07 10:26 AM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
Well, thats what I do, but if i'm in a hurry and have to choose between them, community is where I go.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-27-07 06:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
Yea, I just make myself late to wherever it was I needed to go

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 08-28-07 11:52 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
First off, I would like to suggest using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization.
Looks like I taught you well. After all, my vigorous ventures in the earlier quarter of RnFH's existence were not for naught. I remember just about ALL of you members were struggling in this area. We all had to start learning somewhere. Even I.

Kudos to you GoSailing and your untiring effort to help keep the communities alive. You certainly have a significant degree of endurance that I have lacked.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 08-28-07 01:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
How can you tell? He's only been at it for a few weeks!

EDIT:
Looks like I taught you well. After all, my vigorous ventures in the earlier quarter of RnFH's existence were not for naught.
RnFH
Hmmm...

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 08-28-2007 @ 01:05 PM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-28-07 06:24 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
I haven't forgotten, Lysimachus, and thank you for it. Coincidentally, we were having this discussion over at Empire Earth Heaven, but thats another matter.
How can you tell? He's only been at it for a few weeks!

My profile begs to differ

Chaos moons7
Conscript
posted 08-28-07 11:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
1. About the grammer f it its called being lazy, and its just a stupit remark so why put any effort
2. Its funny how just that 1 remark got 2 pages and not even realy on the subject of the post
3. I know it had bugs that were never fixed i was here reading your complantes
4. I ment no affence in this i wish it never died(and i wish i could of played it on my pc ) and don't say it didn't die cause it has wat 4 or 5 people commenting on it
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 08-28-07 11:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
It sounds like there is a one man campaign to allow bad grammer and punctuation. I hope it fails.

Spell check...it works.

f=if.
complantes=complaints.
I=capitalized even if it is not at the beginning of a sentence.
"."=goes at the end of mostly every sentence.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 08-28-2007 @ 11:37 PM).]

Chaos moons7
Conscript
posted 08-28-07 11:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
It sounds like there is a one man campaign to allow bad grammer and punctuation. I hope it fails.
Spell check...it works
1.there is no spell check on this and i don't got any spell check
2.whats so bad about bad gammer huh?
3.and i don't about you but i'm not some nerd that has to be pertect at everything he does and thinks hes great when he spells better then someone or something
f=if
1. dumb ass it means ****

[This message has been edited by Chaos moons7 (edited 08-29-2007 @ 00:01 AM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-29-07 00:34 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
2. Its funny how just that 1 remark got 2 pages and not even realy on the subject of the post
What is there to say on the subject? You didn't make a call to action or ask a question. You made a simple statement that had no real reason to give a response.
1.there is no spell check on this and i don't got any spell check
I suggest getting Firefox, which has a spell check that underlines misspelled words and you can right click on them to tell you how to spell it.
2.whats so bad about bad gammer huh?
It makes our eyes bleed, along with wasting our time. When people consistently post with bad grammar, no spelling, and no punctuation, I just skip the posts. It lets us know you care about not wasting our time if you bother to put the effort into the post. If you don't care, and don't put in the effort, we don't put in the effort to help you.
3.and i don't about you but i'm not some nerd that has to be pertect at everything he does and thinks hes great when he spells better then someone or something
Generally its the people used to typing for school or work that use proper grammar. That would be the average casual gamer. The competitive youngsters that type in l337 speak are the ones who spend their days locked up in their room. Just a thought.

Thats not even mentioning the obvious flaming nature of that sentence...
1. dumb ass it means ****
Please be civil. Name calling and derogatory terms aren't allowed. Plus, attempting to break the swear filter is against the CoC.

I look forward to your response.

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 08-29-2007 @ 00:50 AM).]

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 08-29-07 05:01 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
1. About the grammer f it its called being lazy, and its just a stupit remark so why put any effort
If f=f**k, then "f*** it it's", should have had a period after "it". So it would be know what the f*** "f" means.

***Revised****

1. About the grammer. F it! It's called being lazy, and it's just a stupid remark. So why put any effort in it?

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 08-29-2007 @ 05:16 AM).]

Wok
Conscript
posted 08-29-07 05:16 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
I can't see this thread going anywhere good soon. Closed.

Wok?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames