You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Wok, Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Peltasts/Spear Throwers?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Peltasts/Spear Throwers?
Calenae
Conscript
posted 06-27-07 06:43 PM EDT (US)         
Sorry to sound like a complete idiot, but any ideas on where Peltasts are good? Haven't got the full game, just the demo, so I haven't been able to test them. It says their strengths are unknown, so I find it to be an interesting unit, and sound like an anti archer/infantry unit. Also would like to know what units are good when paired with them, and the different circumstances they excel in i.e: low resources, enemy pumping a certain unit etc. Thanks in advance!

Calenae
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-27-07 06:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Sorry to tell you this, but there are no spear throwers. You can use them in custom scenarios but not in regular multiplayer or singleplayer. I don't even think they are in the campaigns, but if you know how to use the editor you could play with them a bit.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Calenae
Conscript
posted 06-27-07 06:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Ok thanks for your help
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-27-07 09:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Peltasts are really good against chariots and war elephants if you happen to be playing Rome: Total War. (joke)

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-27-07 09:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Typical Chonaman Calenae, you mentioned that you couldn't use them in the demo. I'm assuming that means you didn't have the game, which begs a question. Are you planning on getting it?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 06-28-2007 @ 11:17 AM).]

Calenae
Conscript
posted 06-27-07 10:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Haven't really been able to get my Peltasts to work against their Elephants, I'll keep trying. By the way, nice joke Chonaman, really brightened my day!

Edit: Yes, I am planning on getting the game some time, really enjoy the demo, not sure when I'll get it though.

Calenae

[This message has been edited by Calenae (edited 06-29-2007 @ 08:25 PM).]

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-28-07 02:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
There are Greek javalin throwers in the editor. They aren't in a regular game, but can be added to maps.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames