STOMERS
Conscript
posted 06-05-07 12:42 PM EDT (US)         
What civ do u think is the best for raf
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-05-07 06:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
The best is Rome in all its overpowered glory. The most fun is Egypt or Persia though. Greece is the best at rushing, so its not left out either.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-08-07 04:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Do you mean "best" as in:
1. Strongest overall
2. Fastest rushing
3. Most enjoyable to play
4. Best defensive
5. Easiest to learn
6. Most challenging overall

Which is "best" really relies on what you enjoy most, and what your current objectives are. It's a VERY subjective and vague question. Feel free to clarify.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor

[This message has been edited by Chonaman (edited 06-08-2007 @ 04:54 PM).]

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-08-07 06:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
1. Overall; depends on the map
2. Greece
3. for me, Greece
4. Persia
5. Rome
6. Egypt

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-08-07 10:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
I wouldn't say Egypt is most challenging, all you need to do is research extra glory, barracks, then barracks again, get Ramses and upgrade then go pwn at 10 minutes.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-09-07 05:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
OK, so that's a major consideration of who's "best" in the rushing category, but a defferent take.

You see, even amongst the capable elders here, there is some difference of opinion about how you can play certain civs.

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-10-07 02:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
"I sense a great disturbance in the spam... it was as though millions of spammers cried out, and were suddenly silenced by an admin..." -Reaper_93

Paraody of what Obeewankenob said when princess Laia'a home planet was destroyed by the deathstar, in Star Wars.

I never know what's going on in House because when Hugh Laurie makes his first appearance in an episode I have a massive orgasm, after which I pass out." -Kissenger 1

House MD. Medical drama, 9pm est. Tuesdays on Fox Television Network. There is no way anyone could ever get turned on by a rabid squirrel looking dude like that.

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 06-10-07 03:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
...Er....Yeah....

And it's Obiwankenobi not Obeewankenob

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 06-10-2007 @ 03:26 PM).]

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-10-07 06:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
It is a great illusion to think Rome is the most powerful and "best" civ.

The only reason most people are deluted into thinking Rome is "OP" is because everyone plays High Resources. They crank out soldiers fast with high-res, and knowing they are strongest, other civs just don't have a chance.

On low res though, Greece seems to have the slight-upper-hand, but it's not impossible with the other 3 either.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-10-07 08:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Talking about low resource is irrelevant... Have you ever been able to get a game on low resource lately?

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-11-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Well, no. But the default game should have been low resources. Hell, the entire game should have had no options except for low resources.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-11-07 10:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
I totally agree, low resource is the traditional RTS start, and for good reasons. It takes more strategy, adds more variation to civilizations, and makes player skill more important. While a better player will still have the advantage over a nooby player in high resource, its not half as much as it should be.

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-14-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Sails old buddy, you've said a mouthful.

Keep on in the gaming community, you've been a most welcome, helpful and knowledgable member here. Hope you'll find many other homes for yourself in the gaming community.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Chonaman (edited 06-14-2007 @ 08:29 PM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-14-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Thanks Chonaman. As for the other homes part... I think its fairly cozy at HG These are truly great forums with a great community. Maybe not the biggest community on some of the Heavens, but there are plenty of them to wonder around to

NOTE: I wasn't sucking up or anything, these were my first forums and the best I've been to so far.

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 06-15-07 02:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
You know, the 1 year anniversary of RaF has come and gone with not a one comment posted on the boards on that day.

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-15-07 10:00 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
These were MY first forums!

http://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aoecgi/Ultimate.cgi

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-15-07 10:24 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
I didn't know when RaFH was created, but I celebrated HG's 10th birthday at several heavens.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames