You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Question regarding heros.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question regarding heros.
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 10-03-07 01:44 PM EDT (US)         
Just one quick question,
Is it possible to make heros, be able to mount horses? I spotted a mount effect in the triggers, which can be used to mount chariats, but is it possible to do this with some sort of horse?

Oh and another thing, when placing trees in games such as EE or Empires you are able to place tree's just like you do with terrain placement. However, I could see no such feature in the R&F Editor, so, is the only way to place them via the world player?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 10-03-2007 @ 01:55 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-03-07 05:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I don't think heroes can mount horses at all. You can mount chariots, as you said, but there are some reasons to drop the idea unless you really enjoy working with bugs in this thread.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 10-04-07 08:16 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I've done extensive testing on mounting objects. Using mount object effect on a chariot has proven to be unreliable. Putting a hero on a small building or stairs and then using the replace effect, works on chariots, elephants, and some other types of wheeled objects. But does not work on horses. I even tried mounting heroes on birds, but no luck either. lol

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-04-07 09:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Hehe, typical o0XxX0o, mounting heroes on birds.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 10-04-07 11:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Yes, that's _o0XxX0o_ all over.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Oscar
Conscript
posted 10-04-07 03:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
is the only way to place them via the world player?
Yes
mounting heroes on birds.
Imagine the hero Alexander mounting a bird and bombing the enemies with napalm arrows...

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 10-05-07 05:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Okay, thanks for the help.

One more thing!
I can only seem to be able to place a maximum of 6 textures at any one time, i've worked out how you can change the textures you use, but it just ends up replacing the 6 wih another 6, plus replacing the textures you've already made.
Is there anyway possible to access all of them or not?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames