You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Why hasn't anyone yet made a decent 300 or Thermopylie scenario?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why hasn't anyone yet made a decent 300 or Thermopylie scenario?
emperor77
Conscript
posted 09-24-07 09:55 AM EDT (US)         
The title says it (i don't mean to be offensive just curious).
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-24-07 10:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Making a scenario is a huge consumption of time and energy and not everybody is willing to do it for a game that such a small few play. There was a huge community project for on this idea but it ended up flopping.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 09-24-07 11:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Sails is completely right. As far as I know, there isn't ANY Thermopylae at all.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
emperor77
Conscript
posted 09-24-07 11:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Yet a ton of other scenarios have been made. This game would be somewhat perfect for a 300 scenario. I would make the scenario myself but i have no experience in scenario editing, and my better computer is busted.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-24-07 01:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
If you want to see how much work went into the attempt at the Thermopylae scenario, just read here. They gave it a valiant effort but certain people grew inactive and never emailed the scenario along so it simply flopped. These thins happen.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Godyssey
Conscript
(id: Two_ace_u)
posted 09-24-07 11:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Well, making a map or project does take a lot of time, energy and commitment. I've seen a few Thermopylae maps online but they weren't pretty good.
Currently, the game is dead and inactive. And soon gamespy will retire from hosting RaF. Many great designers has left the game for something different. Thats why theres not much decent Thermopylae maps.

A green great dragon.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-25-07 00:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
I don't think they will stop hosting online for a while. Empires is still online after 3 years, and it failed almost as bad as RaF.

Godyssey
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 00:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
I read somewhere on gamespy(dot)com that they will retire in about a year and a half, that is unless figures rise.
But I am not 100% sure.

A green great dragon.
emperor77
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 07:48 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Well i anyway will never stop playing it. This game is just too unique not to play. Such games don't come around often.
Godyssey
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 08:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
The game is certainly unique and quite fun. The only bad thing is the lack of players. Midway, did do alright on it, but not perfect. It wasn't released properly, and it wasn't supported nor patched.

A green great dragon.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-25-07 09:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Its sad because the patch the game needed wouldn't have taken much time or effort on their part at all. Dr Grip made a scenario that balanced the game and it was perfect. Decrease the effect of Roman Taxation, nerf all swordsmen and Roman swordsmen a bit more. Add speed and attack to cavalry and add hitpoints to buildings and its all balanced. Even writing this out only took me about one minute, but they couldn't do it. Such a bummer.

Godyssey
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 10:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Well all this negative talk of RaF just goes to midway's reputation. I had several let downs with midway a few times. Midway is just lazy, and I got several games to prove that.

A green great dragon.
emperor77
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 11:46 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
I guess Midway won't do anything that doesn't provide income. (like creating patches)

[This message has been edited by emperor77 (edited 09-25-2007 @ 11:46 AM).]

Godyssey
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 08:37 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Doesn't midway just leave you with a buggy game that they won't fix, and they keep your money?

A green great dragon.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames