You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Scenario VS Campagine
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario VS Campagine
x TAL BIT x
Conscript
posted 08-11-07 08:28 PM EDT (US)         
what IS the difference between Scn & Campa? When making one?
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-11-07 08:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
In a campaign, you can have stuff be persistent from map to map, such as hero level. But the main thing is really that the maps are played in the proper sequence if they are in a campaign so if you make several maps with one story line people play them in the correct order.

I'm not sure of any differences in the actual creations of them. I don't think there are really any, but I can't design at all.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 08-12-07 10:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
A scenario is a map. A campaign is 1 or more single player scenarios that play in succession with instructions and a prologue.

If you make a custom single player scenario, and use additional media such as custom sounds/music and say a video. You have to have the people downloading the map, manually put each and every single item of media in the proper folders. And when the player wants to delete the map from his folder. He would have to search and delete everything associated from the map. This is difficult if not knowing what they are.

A campaign bundles all the media within the campaign. Sounds/music, Bink videos, and even the background bitmap that is used on the instructions page. Without having to insert the media files or even remove them if you want to scrap the campaign.

So even if the campaign is just 1 map, it has it's advantages over submitting just a scenario.

Another advantage of a campaign is that if a scenario is being played, it can be saved as a single player scenario saved game, and resumed as the campaign. Being that winning it will take you to the next cinematic, splash screen, video, or scenario in the campaign.

So here's scenario verses campaign list.

-Multiplayer map- Scenario. No exceptions.

-Single player map(no media, no prologue, no 3 level difficulty choices)- Scenario.

-Single player map(custom sounds/music, videos, prologue, instructions/hints/objectives, or a background bitmap)- Campaign.

-Single player, more than 1 map- Campaign.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 08-12-2007 @ 11:11 AM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 08-12-07 12:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
So yea, it just keeps everything in the proper order.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames