You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » New concept coming...infinite stairway
Bottom
Topic Subject:New concept coming...infinite stairway
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 07-08-07 09:32 AM EDT (US)         
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/_o0XxX0o__HG/RF035-1.jpg

By making fortress stairs and walkways self-rising, I think it is possible to allow units to ascend to an infinite heighth.

Demo to be released very shortly.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 07-08-2007 @ 09:40 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 07-08-07 01:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
*Plays riff of Stairway to heaven*

I found out about this a lil while ago but I didn't know how high they went, and didnt have the time.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 07-08-07 09:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
and didnt have the time.
This is very time consuming. There are so many different ways to do this, that finding the right objects and effects to use is very difficult.

Doing the flat walkways is easy. Doing the stairways is really buggy. I'll have a demo really soon.

_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 07-09-07 04:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
I got a working demo made. See how high you can ascend. Elevation levels are determined by fortress levels as described in the object list.

There comes a point where only the hero, in hero mode, will graphically register. The walkways and stairs start to visibly disappear on the 3rd starway(26th, 27th elevation). You have to hold the hero veiw looking down and facing south, to see the walkways and stairs at higher levels. At elevations above 60 the only way you know which way your hero is moving, is to look at the minimap.

I tried using graphice effects to illuminate the path, but at levels of around 72, nothing shows except hero and maybe some units might show. I have to do some more work.

Oscar
Conscript
posted 07-09-07 05:53 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
The daring explorer _o0XxX0o_ is is risking his life at the edge of the raf world !!!

Will _o0XxX0o_ be able to climb the stairs so high to reach the paradise and to meet the MidWay angels?

May the Gods be with you, stairs Icarus!!

Back on topic, impressive work _o0XxX0o_ , with such floating objects maybe someone could creating a floating city very high in the sky, so high that players could see it only looking at the sky in hero mode.

Anyway goodluck
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 07-11-07 08:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
That would be awesome. And you would have to get up there by getting to a certain point and use triggers to make it so when you get there you die and spawn up on the city...
to meet the MidWay angels?
I'd imagine them guarding a different gate.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Irish_PXzyan
Conscript
posted 07-13-07 09:21 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Yo Oxo! be careful you dont fall off the stairs! I wont be there to break your fall
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames