You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Beta unit hunting. bagged a few...sort of.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Beta unit hunting. bagged a few...sort of.
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 03-09-07 06:11 AM EDT (US)         
In the predecessor to Raf, EDMW, I was able to create beta units(objects that are in the editor, but not accessible, because they were abandoned in the final version. Or not removed from the previous game), simply by creating objects from "family" group, instead of "class" group.

I tried this when I first got the game, but it didn't seem to work then. I have no idea why it works now.

I found a lot of beta objects. Most were not very interesting, but this object is the most curious one that I found so far:

[JPEG, (265.09 KB)]
-Produces food, but is worth 50 wood. I'm assuming that would provide a perfect high fiber diet. Also this building makes the cursor turn into a "sickle" when moused over. The food cursor was obviously abandoned too.

A couple of other good ones were a beta Picasso looking tree, made from creating tree family. And a sheep from the animal family group, with the name: "pillbox"(obviously this is left over from edmw french building. I have no idea why it is in the animal grouping). This pillbox in a way, mimics the properties of a pillbox, in such that if a walking unit is tasked to it, they follow it around. Even in formation, until tasked to somewhere else. Pillbox sheep reproduce other pillbox sheep, and because they wander around, army and cits follow it around aimlessly. "Led by sheep"!! LOL

And finally another slightly interesting beta unit is when creating GalleyShip family, a ship called: "Fireship" is created. It has no oarsmen, and can't create units, but it fires flames just like a fire raiser.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 03-09-2007 @ 06:19 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-09-07 10:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Wow... You are simply incredible, _o0XxX0o_. I think the coolest is the sheep . The fireship would be pretty awesome though.

Are you able to put those in a scenario?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Sargon II
Conscript
posted 03-09-07 11:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

This is incredible Oxo.

I quite like the idea of a fireship actually.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Irish_PXzyan
Conscript
posted 03-09-07 12:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
How did ya manage to find these objects?? me wanna see them hehe
Oscar
Conscript
posted 03-09-07 02:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Unbelievable!

Is there a way to place these units in a map with the editor?

Quote:

And finally another slightly interesting beta unit is when creating GalleyShip family, a ship called: "Fireship" is created. It has no oarsmen, and can't create units, but it fires flames just like a fire raiser

can units go on board?

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 03-09-2007 @ 02:17 PM).]

Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 03-09-07 04:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
This is truely amazing Ox! I guess SSSI was actually going to include these units into the game. But they were too late and they got shut down, and Midway can't be bothered to put them in the game.

And nice to see it goes on the main page too.

This is the best signature ever!
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 03-09-07 06:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       

Quote:

How did ya manage to find these objects??

To make the objects, use a trigger with create object, in area x. Use the "Family" group to make the objects, instead of the "Class". As Shown:

To cycle through the different objects that create, I had to make 2 triggers. 1 that creates them in an area, and the 2nd to remove them from the same area. I made 2 wall objects that if selected, would activate the triggers to add and remove them. But since a few of them are not recognized by trigger, I made the object to remove them like this:

"Class" "Not" aloe(1) or any object that is not a potential object that can be used, will remove any object that is a beta unit or other not recognized unit, even a sirocco.

Here's a beta pine tree, created from from the "Tree" group:

Quote:

Are you able to put those in a scenario?

Yes, but how depends on weather your putting them in a SP or MP scenario. For a multiplayer scenario make triggers to create/remove objects so they can be cycled quickly, then save scenario in test mode. Then rename the saved game file extension to .scn, and put that file back into scenario folder. But before starting the editor test, make sure that all other players, including outpost players, have AI active unchecked. Otherwise the ai will initiate and it will become an invalid file to play online. SP don't worry about it.

Open the scenario with the beta unit, remove the create triggers, then move the object where You want it. If you need more than 1 of those beta units copy/place the objects by holding down the alt+shift keys, and select that object and then double click. This copies object for placement.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 03-09-2007 @ 06:59 PM).]

Oscar
Conscript
posted 03-10-07 10:42 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The beta units I could find with my testings has been only two:
-the pine showed by _o0XxX0o_ in the previous post
-these pygmy Persian workers (they can be grouped in a formation)

I couldn't find the flamer galley, though...

_o0XxX0o_, can u post a pic of it?

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 03-10-2007 @ 02:30 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames