You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.161 replies, Sticky
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
MudokonGod
Banned
posted 08-17-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)         
This thread is designed for people to ask questions regarding "smaller" things that don't necessarily require an entire thread, as such threads usually become redundant after one or two replies.

As it's always best to lead by example, I happen to have a small question!
How do I elevate terrain with hard, 90 degree drop edges? I'm new to the editor and so I'm mainly learning through trial and error, but I can only manage the raise the elevation in a rounded hill-like way, and I'm trying to get some towering cliffs.

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-27-07 03:57 PM EDT (US)     151 / 161       
You need to make a second file with a different extension. See this thread will help you out.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
alex habets
Conscript
posted 06-28-07 06:39 AM EDT (US)     152 / 161       
thnx for helping but i didnt got any further then:

Each Player should have a minimum starting unit set of one Greek Town Center (MP) and three Citizens. These must be Greek units in order to allow the game to alter them to match the player’s civ choice when the game is set up. (If you want to make a standard old multiplayer scenario you can, just remember that you need a building of some sort on the map for a player not to be declared defeated when the scenario starts.)

In the Editor on Player Page 2, be sure that any Player slot that you want to be available has the “CPU Only” option off. Outpost players should have “CPU Only” and “Outpost Player” on.

Make sure your AI Settings (except Ignore) are set to “Active” for any player that may be run by the computer.

Finally, in your Rise and Fall Data folder make a new folder and name it “Map Scripts”.

could you pls explain me some more how to do the rest i dont know how to make a rmv file and what i have to put in it.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-28-07 11:20 AM EDT (US)     153 / 161       
I believe you just copy the map file and change the extension.

And it seems like you already understood this but when I did it, it confused me. The weird symbols just mean that is exactly what you put and don't try to figure out how to duplicate them.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
jibbery
Conscript
posted 07-30-07 08:07 AM EDT (US)     154 / 161       
Im just wondering, In the campain "Cleopatra" gets a few extra skills Volly and I think Piercing shot, Im making a skimish map and was wondering how I give he these skills. If it is also possiable, is there a way to get the extra skills in Skimish mode ?

Thanks in Advance!!
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 07-30-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     155 / 161       
All hero's have virtuously all special skills from all other heroes in single player or editor testing mode. Unless restricted in the editor.

The only way to get extra skills are in a scenario map, and the hero has to be switched by triggers.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
jibbery
Conscript
posted 07-31-07 05:38 AM EDT (US)     156 / 161       
Thanks, Yeah thought it was only in Scenario. If its not to much to ask could you please inform me on how I would go about getting Cleopatras Volly + High Ten shot with her? Ive been trying for a few days fiddling with the Triggers but it doesnt want to work .

Thanks!
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 07-31-07 02:04 PM EDT (US)     157 / 161       
It's impossible. Sorry.

SCommanderKoran
Conscript
posted 09-24-07 06:03 PM EDT (US)     158 / 161       
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-24-07 06:13 PM EDT (US)     159 / 161       
No modding tools have been released, but you may be able to do it in a scenario somehow. I don't personally know, but o0XxX0o will know and Sargon might. They will walk along soon enough.

Sargon II
Conscript
posted 09-25-07 01:45 PM EDT (US)     160 / 161       
As far as I know, you cannot mod the game. It may be possible in scenario, but I severely doubt it.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 10-06-07 11:06 PM EDT (US)     161 / 161       
How would someone go about modding the game to have infinite units?
In a regular game? The limit is 5000. Using a hack program I was able to host a game that had 10,000. But it was much more easy to hack Empires dmw. Anyways modding the maximum unit numbers may be possible by editing the registry for the game. If you know how to do it.

Scenario pop limits, just use effect set player attribute level.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 10-06-2007 @ 11:07 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames