You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Desperate Help Needed!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Desperate Help Needed!!
Kolonel Klink
Conscript
posted 05-12-07 09:46 AM EDT (US)         
I have been working on a scenario: Fall of the Etruscans, and it's working out great. Only one HUGE problem- my first objective is to destroy a treasure chest and you're awarded 500 Gold. I did this by setting Condition: Object: Treasure Chest Hitpoints Min 0 Max 0. Then Effect: Player: attribute Gold, increase by 500. Sounds good, right? When I put it in the actual Trigger, it said that above, but it didn't work. Even weirder is that when I put my mouse over the Condition in the trigger box, it said <<None>>. I figured out that when I put my first Object in the Object box, it counts it as nothing. Then I thought, If I make duplicates off all my objects it will push it down! But it was showing up as Treasure = <<None>> Rome = Treasure and so on. You get the idea? I tried deleting all the tirggers but it still didn't work (luckily I didn't have that many triggers). It was working fine before... Is there something I can do when putting in the Object to the Object box that will make it register? IT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT SCENARIO and I'd hate if I'd have to drop the project. If anyone wants me to send them the file, just ask. I gladly will. Just Please, OH PLEASE! Could someone help me out here?

Grif-Why do you call it a Warthog? It looks more like a puma...
Sarge-It looks like a WARTHOG! See this front bumper? It looks like tusks. WHAT ANIMAL HAS TUSKS?!
Grif-A walrus.
Sarge-DAMN IT! Stop making up imaginary animals! ~RED VS BLUE
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-12-07 10:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I don't know much about the editor, but I'm fairly certain you need to make sure its given to world player. If it said the chest belonged to Rome then I doubt it would work.

PS: This is the tech help forum

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Kolonel Klink
Conscript
posted 05-12-07 07:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
wut this doesn't count as tech help?

Grif-Why do you call it a Warthog? It looks more like a puma...
Sarge-It looks like a WARTHOG! See this front bumper? It looks like tusks. WHAT ANIMAL HAS TUSKS?!
Grif-A walrus.
Sarge-DAMN IT! Stop making up imaginary animals! ~RED VS BLUE
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-12-07 07:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I'd say it would be in the scenario design, but its all good. Did what I said work?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Dr Grip
Conscript
posted 05-13-07 01:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I'm not quite sure what you've done wrong. But what I think you should do, is to set up a trigger like this:

If <treasure> does not exist, then Player: attribute Gold increase by 500

P.S. Also this belongs to Scen Design forum.

This is the best signature ever!
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 05-16-07 06:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
If SSSI were still alive, the answer would be forthcoming without delay. The editor was technically unsupported even during the heyday of SSSI, and at this point, there is no support from the inheritor, Midway Games, AFAIK.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames