You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Big help with instillation
Bottom
Topic Subject:Big help with instillation
Kolonel Klink
Conscript
posted 04-03-07 04:10 PM EDT (US)         
Okay, I just got the game and it looks very cool. When I try to install it, the moment i put it in my dvd drive my entire computer crashes. The screen goes blue and it says that there are corrupt files- deleting corrupt files- and tells me to restart the computer. I do this and it does the same thing. The next time i TAKE THE GAME OUT and my computer works fine. wuts up with that?? I bought the game new from EB Games. i can't understand what causes such a bad glitch that it would crash my entire computer. Any suggestions?
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-03-07 04:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
My only suggestion is that there is something wrong with the disc... Maybe so much so that it isn't even RaF. There is no reason for it to crash your computer, and I've never heard of it doing that. Plus you didn't even install it yet...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Kolonel Klink
Conscript
posted 04-03-07 04:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
thanks for the help, although it doesn't really help. Are you saying I should trade it in for another one?
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-03-07 08:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I'm saying I'd consider it, but I'm not really a troubleshooter type of guy. Hopefully somebody will come along and give you advice better than mine.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Kolonel Klink
Conscript
posted 04-04-07 08:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I downloaded the demo, so I'm pretty sure the game is compatible with my computer. I think I'm going to return the game to exchange it for a different one. I think it's just the disc that's faulty.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-04-07 11:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
OK, goodluck with that. Some stores its very easy to return things and some stores its a horror. I hope yours will be easy

Kolonel Klink
Conscript
posted 04-05-07 07:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
HAHA! I figured out the problem without taking back the game! A note for anyone else who has this problem: if you have Sonic RecordNow! or Sonic DLA installed, you have to uninstall them for the game to work. Having these programs corrupts some of RaF's files. Don't tell me how I know, it's a looooooooong story. And by the way, the game is awesome!

Grif-Why do you call it a Warthog? It looks more like a puma...
Sarge-It looks like a WARTHOG! See this front bumper? It looks like tusks. WHAT ANIMAL HAS TUSKS?!
Grif-A walrus.
Sarge-DAMN IT! Stop making up imaginary animals! ~RED VS BLUE
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 04-05-07 01:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Great to hear. I thought it might be more than a bad disc but had no idea what. Good job figuring that out, sounds like it took a while.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames