You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Somebody PLEASE help me
Bottom
Topic Subject:Somebody PLEASE help me
Servant_of_Odin
Conscript
posted 12-31-06 09:32 PM EDT (US)         
I have just tried to play Rise and Fall, and the start came up, but then it went right back to the desktop. I've kept on doing this, but it won't do it and this has gotten me in a VERY bad mood. I am installing it on my grandfather's computer, which is FAR more advanced than mine at home, and I've got Windows XP Home Edition.

Somebody PLEASE tell me what's wrong because I spent a giftcard on this and I don't want that giftcard to go to waste because RaF won't work.

BTW, I thought you should know that I just got the game, so I'll be posting here.

I have made a promise to the forums. If I break it, it's my own fault.

[This message has been edited by Servant_of_Odin (edited 12-31-2006 @ 09:33 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-31-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
What are your computer's specs? What model CPU is in, how much RAM do you have and what graphics card is in there? When it minimizes to the desktop, is the signal to monitor cutting out for a second or two? How much loads before it crashes; Do you get to the main menu or does it crash during an intro movie? Are you getting tired of reading a bunch of questions? Lol. Sorry about all the questions but the more specific you are the easier it is to figure out the problem.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Servant_of_Odin
Conscript
posted 01-01-07 02:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
This was at my grandfather's computer. That was when I posted it. I'm posting this from my own comp now.

Anyway, I don't know any of the stuff about mine or his.

I have made a promise to the forums. If I break it, it's my own fault.
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 01-04-07 05:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Like most computer games, R&F will run nicely on machines for which it was designed. The reason it's important to have the specs is to determine whether there is a hardware issue or a software issue. This can quickly be determined by posting your system specs after running "dxdiag" from the "Run" menu or a command line.

The crash-to-desktop is known to be caused by a number of things including firewalls/AV software not allowing R&F access to the internet, but it could also be something to do with your video card or DirectX configuration.

There is no automatic answer to your problem, keep trying.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 01-04-07 06:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
My game only did that when..like Chonaman said...My firewall acted up with RaF.Disable your firewall try and start RaF and log online.If that works its your firewall and you may have to either just disable your firewall when you play RaF or open a router to where RaF can get through the firewall.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny

[This message has been edited by RoMaNPwNaGe (edited 01-04-2007 @ 06:24 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames