You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » This must be a common fault
Bottom
Topic Subject:This must be a common fault
jaffas21
Conscript
posted 12-25-06 10:38 AM EDT (US)         
Yes im getting the same thing the other guy mentioned

"a possible lack of resources has prevented this game from running this is a very rare condition that is sometimes cause by a copy of the game still residing in the memory, if this persists please reboot your computer and try again."

the guy underneath said

"Check how much Hard Drive space it takes, then uninstall and remove ALL PARTS OF IT and see if you have enough Hard drive space. If you do have enough Space, install again and it should work (because you won't be making duplitcate files to confuse your computer as you install again) and if you don't have enough space, make some room by getting rid of stuff you don't need. If that doesn't work then I don't know.
PS: What I mean by getting rid of all parts of RaF is search your hard drives for Rise and Fall and RaF and RAF (you might get different results for them) and delete everything. Then empty the trash can."

Well ive rebooted about 6 times, there are no resident files ....

my system is AMD 64 3200, 1GB of corsair ram, ati radeon x800gto, 2002gb HDD, With (165gb free)

thanks folks

**UPDATE**

Tried mounting it on a virtual drive as well in case it was the dvd causing the problem as i noticed no activity whilst it was not working ... but no success

[This message has been edited by jaffas21 (edited 12-26-2006 @ 09:18 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-25-06 05:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       

Quote:

Check how much Hard Drive space it takes, then uninstall and remove ALL PARTS OF IT and see if you have enough Hard drive space. If you do have enough Space, install again and it should work (because you won't be making duplitcate files to confuse your computer as you install again) and if you don't have enough space, make some room by getting rid of stuff you don't need. If that doesn't work then I don't know.
PS: What I mean by getting rid of all parts of RaF is search your hard drives for Rise and Fall and RaF and RAF (you might get different results for them) and delete everything. Then empty the trash can.

That was actually said by me, I believe. I am not sure what ended up happening to the other guy and if he got it to work, but you and the thread you are quoting is the only time I have seen anybody with this error. I have no idea what could be causing it besides trying to uninstall and leaving parts of the program in, then installing the same parts. That would mean you would have 2 copies of somethign and it could mess up the application if there was a difference between the two. But you said you deleted everything so I really have no clue how to fix it.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
jaffas21
Conscript
posted 12-26-06 06:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
im now going to try and install this on my laptop first .. though i do have another pc in another room as well

**UPDATE**

Just got it working fine .. but at slightly lower rez on my laptop

intel pentium 4 3ghz
ati mobility 64mb
512mb ram
60gb hdd

Must be system specific or maybe it just dosen't like my other machine for some reason .. sigh

**FINAL UPDATE***

Despite disabling my firewall earlier .. maybe it didn't disable properly

anyone experiencing this problem should know its down to the firewall not letting internet traffic through for the program ... create an exception for this program and it works fine

Why the game couldn't just say that instead of that mysterious message

who knows ??

anyway now I can play the game .. excellent

thanks for you input gosailing

[This message has been edited by jaffas21 (edited 12-26-2006 @ 09:19 AM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-26-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Your welcome. Good job in figuring it out, I would have been clueless uninstalling and reinstalling it 20 times Have fun with it.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames