You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Rise & Fall to Hell >:(
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise & Fall to Hell >:(
Celeron666
Conscript
posted 10-07-06 03:58 AM EDT (US)         
I brought R&F from Kmart the on thursday and I have been having no-end of problems with it well anyway! I installed the program no worries then it ask to isatll some extra software before it would let me play the game. So then the computer rebooted and I pushed the icon to play R&F so the program run disk check and said [FAILED TO IDENTIFI THE DISK IN THE DRIVE.INSERT A LICENCED DISK] and then it ask me for a key code so TYPED IN NDR2-YECY-FLNP-L4W9 from the back of the manual, And then the bloody program tells me that the Key Code is incorrect!So would anyone know why it wont recognize a legitimate disk? Anyway here's part of the error log

RiseAndFall.exe(05.13.2006.v1.00) caused an Access Violation exception (0xc0000005) in module LOWLEVELENGINE.DLL at 0x10082082 trying to write to 0x0000001c
Exception occured at 10/5/2006 13:59:28
Running Time = 0 days, 00 hours, 00 minutes, 04 seconds

AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-07-06 11:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Somebody might have illegally used your code, but that is very unlikely. I am not sure what it is, but you can expect somebody to post in here and blame StarForce (the protection program on RaF).

Although this does sound like a problem caused by StarForce...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Coffeeman
Conscript
posted 10-07-06 11:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
You might want to censor part of the key. (Incase its used to log on online) The key its asking for is usually located on the cd/dvd if its starforce since its tied to just that particular cd. Try holding down shift when launching the game it should ask you for the key again.
Celeron666
Conscript
posted 10-07-06 06:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Don't worry Midway sent me another Key Code , I deleted the the Starforce software from my computer,And reinstalled the game, But all the new keycodes in the universe wont make a differance if Starforce think's that you disk is unlicenced! So then I thought maybe it is the LG GSA-4167B DvD burner drivers, So I updated those from D12 mto D13, but no luck there! That didn't do anything! So now I'm just going to update my video drivers and see if that does anything, But since its a Gainward 7800 gt I don't know if there will be much point to it! But who knows
RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 10-07-06 06:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I Got That Message Before.
But All I Did Was Uninstall It And Reinstall.
It Worked After The Second Time.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
Celeron666
Conscript
posted 10-09-06 08:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Yer I have installed this game uninstalled it a dozen times!all with the same result "Failed to indentifi Disk" I even downloaded the Starforce delete program, But I don't care what they say it dosen't get rid of that Malicious software! The computer still does freaky things after Starforce was introduced, It playes with your harddrive master table and and it done something weired to my Gainward 7800gt videocard.

I understand that Midway wants to protect, hell I'm a computer animator and I have had some of my work missapopriated so I can respect where there coming from. But making legit users go through hell just to use there software isin't good business!There are some many non destructive protection systems out there that don't trash computers so maybe in future they could consider useing one of those instead of bloody Starforce.So anyway I have takeing the disk back to Kmart but I think they only have a direct exchange policy "Pity! I would have liked to have my $100 back on this!"

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 10-10-06 00:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
I Think Your Over Reacting
I'd Be Pissed If a Game Didnt Work On My Computer(Which Happened Just Recently)
Anyway.
Is Your Computer Meeting The Minimum Requirements and Is Your Graphics Card a Supported One?

Starforce Hasnt Effected My Computer At All.
I Dont Understand What's So Bad About It.

(| /)
(^.^)
( > )>
\) \)
^Bunny
Celeron666
Conscript
posted 10-10-06 07:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Well I think if you paying $100 bucks for a game, get it home and it dosen't work,Really does gets you annoyed!Butfrom what I can tell my computer is pretty standard.

DFI expert motherboard
Gainward 7800 gt videocard
AMD 3800 x2 prossesor
Geil 2 gig ram
LG dvd read/write

All pretty standard issue one would think!

But anyway I took the game back to Kmart and mentioned that I had a Starforce issue and they gave me the money back no questioned asked "Which was good of them" :P

So anyway thanks for your help fellas

But in hindsight What I think might have been issue is that I have Maya on my system which runs it's own daemon,That may have caused a conflic but although there is no real proof that was the culprit ,most other games don't seem to have a problem with it.

[This message has been edited by Celeron666 (edited 10-10-2006 @ 07:18 PM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-10-06 07:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I'm sorry you had to return it, but at least you got your money back... As for your computer being standard issue, it isn't. Its way above, and the specs make me a bit jelous, specially dual CPU.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames