You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies, Sticky
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Midway Tech Support - Your FIRST Resource!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Midway Tech Support - Your FIRST Resource!
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-17-06 05:55 PM EDT (US)         
We've seen a lot of posts here about technical problems, bug questions and performance issues. That's all fine, since we want to be a resource you can count on. But for all problems, you should contact Midway Support first, and raf.heavengames second. Heavengames is not a technical support site; it is a fansite, and while we will do our best to help you, we are all part-time volunteers with no professional or technical connection to R&F issues. We can sometimes help with known issues or general questions, but we do not pretend to be the authority on problems (real or imagined) with R&F.

Please feel free also to comment on your experiences with Midway Tech Support in this thread. Have they offered useful advice or helped you correct the issues you've encountered?

So, to reiterate, RULE #1 is that you submit all queries to Midway Techincal Support before you submit them here.

In order to troubleshoot the error or other problem that you are encountering, please provide the following information to Midway Support.

1. dxdiag.txt; Please run this report and save it as .txt file immediately after encountering an error.

Start Menu > Run > type 'dxdiag' > Enter
Dxdiag will run generate a report on your system
When completed select "Save All Information"
Save this .txt file to your Desktop

2. msinfo32.txt; Please run this report and export the result to a .txt file immediately after the error you encountered.

Start Menu > Run > type 'msinfo32' > Enter
System Information window will appear
Select File > Export > type 'msinfo32.txt'
Select Save as Type 'text file'
Use drop down to save this file to your desktop and click 'Save'

3. Task Manager - processes; Please take a screen shot of open processes in the task manager immediately after encountering an error.

Open the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete)
Select Task Manager
Selet 'Processes' Tab
Hold the Alt key and press Print Screen one time
Paste the cliboard image into an open email or word document

Please submit the file(s) detailed above by attaching the documents to your Open support incident. You can do this by clicking the link at the bottom of a response from a Midway incident (fastest), or by visiting the Ask a Question page and entering a new support ticket, or you may reopen a previous ticket by visiting My Past Questions. At the bottom of the question section you will see three "Browse" buttons. You may use these buttons to locate and attach your files to your incident.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor

[This message has been edited by Chonaman (edited 08-09-2006 @ 03:18 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
ChurchBus
Conscript
posted 06-26-06 06:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
IF YOU CAN GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO REPLY! tHEN YOU GET THE RUN AROUND METHOD!

Try this, do that, supply more info!!!!! When the original question is basic and simple.

In a Poll almost 31% of those who had purchased R&F said they had severe problems (13%) or the game was unplayable (18%)!!!

Do we need a patch, more like a remake!

Anyone listening to this or agree!

[This message has been edited by ChurchBus (edited 06-26-2006 @ 01:43 PM).]

TOP_BUZZERR
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
i just downloaded the new patch (1.11) and now my mouse goes crazy in the game! can some1 please help me with it, I dont seem to be the only 1 with this problem!
sealspietro
Conscript
posted 07-15-06 06:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Hi !
I have one problem. With 0.9 path yet starting the game , but after , if I installed the 0.10 path , dont check the disc , just quick run the check line , and after show me "error" message. I can't start the game. Same problem with 0.11 path.
I have usb drive , liteon.I don't no , way make the midway this problem whith the game. New protect exe in the path , and after i can't play? way? I very love this game , but this one stupid sistem , after the path i can't start the game? My question : for what have i pay?

Sorry for my bad english:-)

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-17-06 08:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       

Quote:

Hi !
I have one problem. With 0.9 path yet starting the game , but after , if I installed the 0.10 path , dont check the disc , just quick run the check line , and after show me "error" message. I can't start the game. Same problem with 0.11 path.

If the game ran fine with the 1.09 patch, but no longer runs with the 1.10 or 1.11 patch, I'd recommend uninstalling the game completely, then reinstalling and repatching to 1.11. Some file was probably corrupted during patching, and 1.10 was a problem patch to begin with. You'll be able to skip it if you do a fresh install.

Bileskou
Conscript
posted 09-04-06 07:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
My video card does not support the vertex shaders.Plz help me..thank you
nirakou
Conscript
posted 09-24-06 05:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
hello i have a major problem, I just bought the game and installed it and tryed to play the tutorial/campaigns and everything else and it says this "a possible lack of resources has prevented this game from running this is a very rare condition that is sometimes cause by a copy of the game still residing in the memory, if this persists please reboot your computer and try again." well i rebooted and tryed but it did the same thing. then i uninstalled it and reinstalled it but the same thing happened can anyone please help me!?
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-29-06 06:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Check how much Hard Drive space it takes, then uninstall and remove ALL PARTS OF IT and see if you have enough Hard drive space. If you do have enough Space, install again and it should work (because you won't be making duplitcate files to confuse your computer as you install again) and if you don't have enough space, make some room by getting rid of stuff you don't need. If that doesn't work then I don't know.

PS: What I mean by getting rid of all parts of RaF is search your hard drives for Rise and Fall and RaF and RAF (you might get different results for them) and delete everything. Then empty the trash can.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 09-29-2006 @ 06:39 PM).]

Slanner
Conscript
posted 09-09-07 01:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Hello, I have a problem, that seems to be ruining a lot of games for me. Ever since I installed Rise and Fall some of my games have been crashing. I have uninstalled the game since then, because I was borrowing it from my friend. An example of this is Age of Empires 2 crashes after I start the loading screen saying that there are corrupt files. Do you have any idea how to stop this?
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 09-09-07 02:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
If AoEII is giving you an error saying files are corrupted, reinstall AoEII. It's possible files were overwritten by R&F, but I have both AoEII and R&F on my computer and haven't had an problems. More likely it is just a coincidence.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames