You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies, Sticky
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Report Cheats, Cheaters, and Exploits Here
Bottom
Topic Subject:Report Cheats, Cheaters, and Exploits Here
Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-13-06 01:48 PM EDT (US)         
Here is the place where you will want to report any exploits, cheats, or identified cheaters. This is not a place to report bugs or glitches unless a particular exploit is associated with them.

[Edit]

If you are going to use this thread to name people you think may have cheated, be prepared to back it up with at least

1) a screenshot of the cheat itself, including game time (F11) and/or

2) a screenshot of the Post Game screen showing the graph of army size/pop count or

3) a screenshot of other Post Game Statistics that give weight to your assertion of Economic or other cheating, etc.

This is not the place to complain that "so-and-so rushed me and beat the pants off me, so I'm going to call him a cheater because I don't know how he did that because no one has posted that strat yet".

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998

[This message has been edited by Chonaman (edited 06-26-2006 @ 09:07 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
lu31605
Conscript
posted 06-16-06 11:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28       
cheat-

INEEDWINEJUGS
or
INEEDWIN

completes the current mission in the campaign..

(credit- preset from gamespot..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/risefallcivilizationsatwar/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-28689478&pid=926516 )

has any gotten a cheat for glory, wood,etc//

p9741t
Conscript
posted 06-17-06 08:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28       
Ok, so i found a cheater, his name is Ultimate_Chaos_Seeks, we where in a game for 6 min and he comes over with an army of cavalry 100 strong, so watch out for this cheater man, you cant get cavalry 6 min into a game, and definatley not a 100 plus army.
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-17-06 09:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28       
Did you take a screenshot showing the F11 time and this massive attack? Any other evidence you can offer?

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
moorestevensonv
Conscript
posted 06-18-06 01:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28       
Found a nice little cheat. Adds 100000 gold and wood, and 6000 glory, and it refills your stamina bar.

olympus

lu31605
Conscript
posted 06-18-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28       
cool find..
FaT_BoY
Conscript
posted 06-20-06 05:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 28       
Ultimate_Chaos_Seeks is not a cheat, just a good player. Just because half of you cant start to raise an army at
4 min f11 doesnt mean the people that can cheat. Get over it you lost fair and square!

[This message has been edited by FaT_BoY (edited 06-20-2006 @ 05:55 AM).]

Lysimachus
Conscript
posted 06-21-06 02:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28       

Quote:

Found a nice little cheat. Adds 100000 gold and wood, and 6000 glory, and it refills your stamina bar.
olympus

We're talking about cheats that can be activated in Multiplayer. Is this a cheat you discovered while in a single player game, or did this cheat work while you were playing online multiplayer? I highly doubt the latter. SSSi nor Midway would have allowed something so easy to slip through.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
p9741t
Conscript
posted 06-26-06 08:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28       
FAT_BOY.... i was worrying about rushers, so i did the whole, make a settlement fast, then a barracks fast, then worry about mining and getting soldiers at the same time, and In no time he came with the "army", my partner did the same as me and this chaos guy had well more than an "army"
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 06-26-06 09:00 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28       
@ p9741t

If a player comes at you with 100 Cav at the 6 min. (F11 time) point in a 1 v 1 game, he's cheated, because that's simply not possible, even with high resources.

What you're describing is unlikely, and probably not possible, but unverified because you have no screenshot showing "100 cavalry" or the game time, and you don't have a screenshot of the Post game screen showing his army size growing to 100 within 6 mins. It is possible to mass a lot of troops, even cavalry very quickly in MP games, especially on High Resources when there are 2 or more players allied. One player can tribute all his resources to the other, allowing him to build up VERY quickly.

[This message has been edited by Chonaman (edited 06-26-2006 @ 09:09 AM).]

bballkid00
Conscript
posted 06-30-06 09:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28       
keaton20
Conscript posted 06-26-06 02:43 PM EDT (US) 38 / 61
------------------------------------------------------------­--------------------
Roman is probobly one of the worst players in this game i'll give you his build order.
Barracks
Swordsmen
Swordsmen
send worker to gold
swordsmen

Its not fun,takes little thought, and your always called a noob after.

I asked him for No rush he agreed, but rushed anyway so because he wasted my time I decided to plug my router in and out for 10 minutes until he quit raising my score.LOl his went down.
^Keaton-Multiplayer name, The_Original_Keaton

If thats not proof of a cheater, then what is. He said this on the Rushing, or cheating thread second page.

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-01-06 09:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 28       

Quote:

I asked him for No rush he agreed, but rushed anyway so because he wasted my time I decided to plug my router in and out for 10 minutes until he quit raising my score.LOl his went down.

In casual games, there is no evidence that DCing your PC during a game gives you points or takes points away from your opponent. The casual ladder is generally pretty random about giving and taking away even if no one DC's. You can get credit for 4 wins when you win 1, and you can get credit for 8 losses when you win 15 in a row. It is bugged, that's all.

In automatch games, DCing results in a loss for the player who goes OOS (the player who disconnects), not the player who is online waiting for the other player to return. It's the same thing as resigning.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-11-06 03:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28       
Chonaman The Fact That Elohim DCing Saved His Rate Should Make Keaton and Elohim Both Cheaters.
XXElohimXX
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 05:41 AM EDT (US)     13 / 28       
RoMaNPwNaGe he's cheated (10000Gold)for all<-----RoMaNPwNaGe is uncovered

(@ all Warning vs RoMaNPwNaGe-GoldCheater )

This is not beautiful from you,please plays decently.I have 3 witness.They 3 will report in next time here!!!

[This message has been edited by XXElohimXX (edited 07-13-2006 @ 05:52 AM).]

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 03:46 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28       
Gold Cheater?
How Have I Cheated
I Have About 10-15 People That Say I Play Fair And Square Or Atleast They Should Because I've Played Alot Of People In 2v2s And Somehow After Every Game I Get Flamed By The People And Their Buddies For Beating Them So Bad.
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28       
This is not a thread to accuse someone of cheating unless you have some pretty significant evidence (screenshots with F11 time, post game statistics, etc.).

If you don't have any evidence, this is not the place to post your complaints. And it is not the place to vent because you don't like someone or are unhappy if they beat you.

Trash talking is not going to be allowed here, especially if you name names and have nothing to back it up. Keep that in mind.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 04:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28       
Chonaman How Can Screenshots Prove A Person Disconnecting Saves Their Rate But Hurts Yours.
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 06:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28       
DCing in casual games or Automatch games?

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 07:11 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28       
Casual Games
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 07:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28       
Ah, well, the casual ladder is broken, as we all know. Good players like yourself should be playing AM games for ranking, IMO. I don't think the same crap is possible there.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-13-06 11:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28       
It Works On Both Kinds Of Rate It Was Done On Empires And Its Being Done Here.
I Have Tried Automatching And It Takes Forever To Get A Match And When I Do Its on a Map I've Never Played And I Do Random Civ So I Usually Get A Bad Civilization.
I Prefer 2v2s Chona I Like The Teamwork Factor I Guess.
Acamas_Samaca
Conscript
posted 07-20-06 01:01 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28       
Lysimachus and I played an SSSI guy(former SSSI member) who's rating was around 1100. He totally owned us, Lys and I were level 3 or 4 while he was around lvl 7. It's kind of strange that he could do that even though I was his ally in another match and he didn't really do such an outstanding job. I've played Roman Pwnage, and Flammin arrow and both of them didn't own me as bad as the SSSI guy. Somehow I think he may have been bored and hacked it.

Formally known as Athen, Acamas, Hero_Acamas, pazul6
RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-20-06 04:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28       
I'll 2v2 Him Later Acamas I'll See If He Can Beat Me.
If He Does Beat Me I'll Determine Whether He Cheated By Checking The Stats,Timeline,Military,etc.
And I'll Take Screenshot If I Believe He Cheated
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-20-06 06:42 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28       

Quote:

If He Does Beat Me I'll Determine Whether He Cheated By Checking The Stats,Timeline,Military,etc.
And I'll Take Screenshot If I Believe He Cheated

As I've said all along, this is the best and only way to approach the whole idea of cheating. I doubt anyone from SSSI would cheat outright, but I don't doubt that they know some of the perfect strats. I've seen that firsthand.

So yeah, let me know what you come up with.

RoMaNPwNaGe
Conscript
posted 07-20-06 11:20 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28       
I'll Let You Know ASAP Chona
He Wasnt Online Today So I'll HavE To try Tommorrow
< : [
Ninja3001
Conscript
posted 07-29-06 03:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28       
<edited stupid post>

What do you do with convicted cheaters? give them a serious talking too?

Ninja Jedi
Deadly Dentures Party
Pepsi is better than coke
View My recomendations!

[This message has been edited by Ninja3001 (edited 07-29-2006 @ 03:31 PM).]

Chonaman
Conscript
posted 07-30-06 11:25 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28       
So far in this thread we haven't "convicted" anyone, we've just had a bunch of accusations without any proof whatsoever. We've had one admission that a player intentionally disconnected, but in a game with a casual ladder as buggy as it is, that hardly constitutes cheaing, IMO. Bad sportsmanship, yes, but not cheating.

To answer your question, if we ever were presented with convincing evidence that someone was a cheater, we would recommend that everyone blacklist him (ignore online) and we might also take other steps officially with Midway. I won't specify what those steps might be, but if we know a player's GameSpy ID, it can be linked to the CD they're using, so you can imagine the options that are potentially available.

In any event, no one should take it lightly when accusing someone of cheating, and no one should name any names here unless they have pretty good evidence that cheating (especially the use of a trainer) has occurred.

Ninja Jedi
Conscript
posted 07-30-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28       
Okay, I was just wondering is all. I don't even play online. xD

Ninja Jedi
Hated most heavens
diseased88
Conscript
posted 09-18-06 10:39 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28       
To whom it may concern, I was playing Rise and Fall online on Monday, 19, 2006 at approximatly 10 PM EST when a
player used an exploit to kick me from the game. My profile name is Diseased88
(donsteinmetz@yahoo.com). I know he used (player name BBCOO192 ) an exploit because it was a
1v1v1 on map (valley of the conquerers) with my friend (player name Chezabell2 smsport100@yahoo.com)
and after I was booted my friend contacted me and explained how the host (BBCOO192) was bragging
about how he used an exploit to kick me. He explained (sketchy) that you press 560 + ctrl F4 +
(player name) and it kicks the player from the room (it gave me an out of synch explanation) I am
sending this email in hopes that this cheat will be fixed quickly. Thank you for your time and I
enjoy playing your game.

Not: I do not have a screenshot, although I do have an eye witness to this event (as described in complaint) I do not know with whom to email this to, so any help would be appreciated

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames