You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Commanding the dead. Most will not care about this.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Commanding the dead. Most will not care about this.
_o0XxX0o_
Conscript
posted 04-10-07 10:09 AM EDT (US)         
When ever a player is defeated, triggers don't even recognize any effects or conditions for that player, unless it is directly selected on map, therefore they must exist on the map when the game starts. This causes problems when buildings, units, an other objects belonging to a player must be removed off the map when the player is defeated. Also in the event of a disconnected online human player, where the player defeated's units that were not on the map when the game started, has to be dealt with.

Well, problem solved. In a limited capacity.

Simply use "object specification"; OWNER: any player; "not" box checked, and; Family: not used; "not" box checked...and any defeated or disconnected player objects will be recognized for killing, freezing, removing, changing a class, or unit attribute. Or whatever.
<like so>

Since it effects all defeated players and object types indiscriminately, it might help giving a unit attribute to selected players units, to help narrow the identification of players units for disposition.

This is a huge find for me, because I make multiplayer online scenarios. And dealing with all the variables of what can happen in an online game with triggers, saves a hell of a lot time configuring players options.

One other minor thing that really is obscure: outpost players are automatically defeated players in multiplayer mode, but are not defeated in single player, or editor mode. So take that into account that defeated player effects will work on outpost players in an online or MP game, but not in the editor. Unless you put a regular building on the map for outpost players, so they are not defeated.

Oh ya, one major thing that this effects(and I know most of you see this), is that when a player online, quits the game instead of resigning, that the hero left behind, "freezes" and becomes unkillable. It sits there while every enemy converges on it while doing absolutely no damage at all. All enemy units keep attacking it over and over causing problems with unit attacking other targets and staying in formation properly.

Having triggers use the defeated player triggers, as I have mentioned, can remove this anomaly...and it should be used as a regular part of skirmish maps as a "quick fix".

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 04-10-2007 @ 10:25 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames