You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » Game refuses to run
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game refuses to run
WorldLeader
Conscript
posted 09-20-06 02:15 AM EDT (US)         
EDIT: Okay, Never mind, I figured it out. When RaF wanted to reboot my computer I still had a game running in the background using GameJackal and so when the computer rebooted GameJackal came back showing that it was still running the game on the DVD drive that I had inserted RaF's DVD into, so it confused the RaF game, I deactivated GameJackal and the game started up fine.

I'll leave it up to the mods to delete this post, but thought I'd just leave it for anyone else that might have an issue such as this.

Hello,
Well after great debate I decided to install the game. Only to find out that it refuses to run, obviously having to do with the copy protection.

I'll say that this is the first time that I've encountered a game that refuses to run because of copy protection and I've never even had any issues with games that use Starforce.

Here is a screenshot of the error that Im currently getting perhaps someone can help me with this.

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by WorldLeader (edited 09-20-2006 @ 02:29 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 09-20-06 09:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I think this is an excellent example of why tech support folks developed the acronym, PEBKAC

Thanks for leaving it up, it may help someone else if they read through the forum before posting a question on the same theme....

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
WorldLeader
Conscript
posted 09-20-06 11:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Yes for the most part I would agree. However! If RAF had not needed to reboot my machine after the install, then I would have gone back to my game and continued to play it and then exited it normally and then played RaF. But since I was doing two things at one time, I forgot. I know that I can walk and chew gum at the same time so Im not sure why I couldnt handle two tasks this time

Strange however that Game Jackal would come back up thinking that it was still running my other game.

Oh well, yes I think this time it was a combination between PEBKAC and the RaF copy protection being so strict that it needs to install drivers to protect itself from my running it without the CD in the drive

Oh well...... Atleast I can play the game now.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames