You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help)
Moderated by Chonaman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Archimedes Workshop (Tech Help) » video cards does not support hardware rasterization
Bottom
Topic Subject:video cards does not support hardware rasterization
yesmasa88
Conscript
posted 09-14-06 09:53 PM EDT (US)         
When starting Rise and Fall, a message appears and tells me that " Your video card does not support hardware rasterization". Even though my graphics card; ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 with 256 MB GDDR3 memeory exceeds the games system requirements. I read some place that the laptop version of this card does not work. Is there anyway to fix the problem without buying a new card?
AuthorReplies:
Irish_PXzyan
Conscript
posted 09-18-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
ah that dont sound too good. ive never heard of that error before. But it does sound as if your video card is missing some feature that is required to play it..your video card is also designed for Lap-tops..so I guess you have a lap-top..videos in my terms.."suck" when in a lap-top. theres always something missing out of them!
So..I dont think it will work
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 09-18-06 11:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
There is nothing wrong with video cards in laptops, they are actually meant to be better, but that not the point. SSSI/Midway didnt make the game to support them.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Irish_PXzyan
Conscript
posted 09-19-06 06:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
wha? video cards in lap-tops are not better than the desktop versions..for example..if you google a lets say..GeForce 7800..and google it for the lap-top also..you will see its not better.
It all depends on the version of the video card.
Chonaman
Conscript
posted 09-20-06 10:03 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       

Quote:

Even though my graphics card; ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 with 256 MB GDDR3 memeory exceeds the games system requirements. I read some place that the laptop version of this card does not work. Is there anyway to fix the problem without buying a new card?

Unfortunately, the short answer is no, AFAIK.

While the Radeon x1600 "model" is a supported card, the notebook/laptop version of this card is explicitly NOT supported according to Midway, as noted in the readme.txt and in the Tech Help FAQ on this site. In fact, no laptop/notebook cards are officially supported.

Some people report success running the game on certain types of laptop/notebook video cards, however. If you scan the forum you will find at least a couple of examples.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames