News Archives - September 2006
- Screenshot Competition - Results
- Posted on 9/30/2006 at 7:02 AM by Wok
- Our screenshot competition has come to a close. Thanks to all who participated.
The voting process revealed a clear winner... Spartos!
Our forummers decided that his screenshot Hector and Achilles was a cut above the rest, and that he should win the prize of a HeavenGames t-shirt.
A quote from forummer GoSailing sums it up nicely: " Awesome... It looks almost like it was made by SSSI..."
- Screenshot Competition - Voting
- Posted on 9/25/2006 at 2:24 PM by Wok
- Now that we've had enough entries, It's time to vote for the winner of our screenshot competition.
The rules of voting are clearly explained in the voting thread in our General Discussion Forum.
The winner of the competition will receive a HeavenGames t-shirt.
- Screenshot Competition
- Posted on 9/13/2006 at 4:44 PM by Wok
- We're hosting a screenshot competition over in our General Discussion Forum. We actually plan on hosting several!
The theme for this round is Siege!, and forumers have one week to enter the competition. The winner will receive a HeavenGames T-Shirt, as well as the glory that will undoubtedly come with winning such a prestigious contest.
I won't repeat myself here. If you're interested, head on down to the Contest Thread to read the rest of the rules, and hopefully you will participate.
- Expansion... date?
- Posted on 9/12/2006 at 3:57 PM by Wok
- You may remember a news post a few months back pointing to the fact that Play.com was listing an expansion pack for Rise and Fall. No information was given - not even a name, and so I'm sure most people forgot about it.
Now, though, as pointed out by Breepee, a date is being shown as well: 01/03/2007. Is this substantial evidence that an expansion pack is on the way? Possibly not, but keep your eyes peeled as maybe there will be some news in the coming days.
- Working Here
- Posted on 9/11/2006 at 2:48 PM by Wok
- We're rather short of staff at the moment here at Rise and Fall Heaven. As such, we're looking for a few dedicated individuals to fill some staff positions.
We're hoping to hire people capable of being general content contributors. Tasks in this role may include moderating forums, writing news, approving downloads and editing content, among other things.
If you would like to be a staff member at Rise and Fall Heaven, and you think you have what it takes, please email me, stating why you think you would benefit Rise and Fall Heaven as staff. Don't forget to include your HG forum name.
- My Resignation
- Posted on 9/11/2006 at 10:41 AM by Lysimachus
- Once again, another staff member goes down due to that dreadful plague most everyone experiences at least one time in their lives called “life”. Life has become busier and busier as new responsibilities have befallen me with my online marketing businesses. The dedication put forth are enabling some of my other dreams come true, thus it wouldn’t be right of me to try and hold a staff position and yet not have the time to carry out those responsibilities that come with the position. I am deeply sorry about this, but I simply have no choice in the matter.
Another sound reason for my resignation has to do with an experience some men shake in their boots over. It’s called “preparation for very-possible wedding bells”. ;) Talks of marriage have become ever prominent, and it’s something I and my other half are looking forward to. This is also why my business has become so vital at this point of my life.
I have not given up on Rise & Fall. It will be a game always remembered, and I especially enjoyed the team effort with other staffers like Intrepid, Chonaman, Wok, Jaime Medrano, and any other I might be missing that helped make Rise & Fall Heaven what it is today.
You might see me online now and then, but don’t expect to see me engage in any community events.
I also had some great games with many of you here. I look forward to bumping into you again if chance permits it.
My gratitude goes out to all past and current staff members for the efforts put into this site, and also to the members of R&F Heaven in contributing to help keep the community alive.
Good luck to you all!
- Balance Issues, Patch Suggestions and Triggers
- Posted on 9/4/2006 at 3:18 PM by Wok
- There is lots going on in our forum at the moment. In the General Discussion forum, GoSailing has started a thread encouraging others to post their opinions of the balance issues that many believe are currently harming Rise and Fall's multiplayer community. On a related note, Acamas_Samaca has started a thread about suggestions for the next patch. If you have opinions about either of these topics, head over to the threads and be heard.
Our scenario designers have also briefly closed their scenario editors to discuss creating a guide to triggers, one of the toughest features of any scenario editor to use. In a highly informative post, _o0XxX0o_ has explained the function of almost every trigger effect. Their progress is worth keeping track of for anybody interested in learning the ropes of Rise and Fall's complex scenario editor.
Rise and Fall Heaven™ Copyright © 2005 HeavenGames™ LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please obtain written permission from HeavenGames if you wish to use our site's content and graphics on other sites or publications. Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® is a game by Midway. Rise and Fall® and Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® are registered trademarks owned by Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.