News Archives - November 2005
- Some Good News...
- Posted on 11/28/2005 at 1:54 PM by Chonaman
- While we've all been thrown for a loop with the developments at SSSI since Nov. 23rd, and don't yet know the future of Rise and Fall, we thought you'd be interested to learn more about the quality elements that have thus far gone into the game. For our listening pleasure, Rednote Audio has produced the sound track, with several of the themes available for a listen in MP3 format here
According to Rednote's site, "Rednote just completed a 45 minute orchestral score for Midway’s upcoming PC game, developed by Stainless Steel Studios. In the tradition of ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Gladiator,’ the epic orchestral score features period instruments recorded at Rednote’s studio, including Armenian dumbek, sitar, wood flute, taiko drums, and choir."
- Stainless Steel Studios has Broken Up
- Posted on 11/23/2005 at 11:15 PM by Adder
- It would seem that Stainless Steel is no longer existing.
About a day ago their website was deleted; it seems the site's absence was not merely a technical problem, but a sign of things to come. Stainless Steel has broken up.
Earlier today Bob Scott, a former employee of Stainless Steel posted that SSSI was no more, his post was questioned at first, but as we began to draw information together about Bob, things seemed to be falling into place. It was looking like SSSI might have broken up. A couple of minutes ago SSSI QA, Chooch709, affirmed Bob's post. All that remains is an official press release from Midway, and hopefully some input from now former Stainless Steel staffers.
Stainless Steel has long been my favorite game design company, and it's a huge shame to see them break up. As far as we can tell they've been very unlucky with their publishers, and haven't been able to support their games to the best of their ability because of publisher interference. We had thought Midway would change things, but it seems unlikely at this point in time.
All hail! I wish every SSSI employee the best of luck in the future.
- New Game Videos at Offical Site
- Posted on 11/19/2005 at 3:44 PM by Adder
- You may have noticed this the other day when we newsed Rise & Fall's official site, but there's now a couple new videos up in it's video section. In addition to the trailer's we've seen previously there's a new video on hero command, empire building (which includes a screenshot of the game interface at 31 seconds in), and naval warfare.
They're superb videos so you should certainly check them out!
They may not be viewable streaming, but you can download them easily in the zip format.
- Eight new screenshots!
- Posted on 11/19/2005 at 12:37 AM by Adder
- I think we're the first to get our hands on eight new Rise & Fall screenshots. They all look really good, and they're also extremely high resolution screenshots (think 1600 x 1200)! I particularly like the Persians in the water.
Check 'em out here!
*Orgasm* *Orgasm* *Orgasm*
The scary thing is, I think they're real. =/
- Rise & Fall Official Site Content Launched!
- Posted on 11/15/2005 at 9:06 PM by Lysimachus
- Midway's Official Rise & Fall Site launched a few weeks back, but none of the content was included--only a pretty face with a loading trailer. Now we not only have a new face, but new content and even news updates from various sites such as Gamespot!
So what are you waiting for?! Head on over:
- It would appear videos are not all that IGN offers...
- Posted on 11/3/2005 at 5:31 PM by Adder
- IGN's posted a lead story on Rise & Fall, and addition to the videos posted yesterday by Lysimachus.
The actual story doesn't contain much new information, but does include some "outside the video" content. Check out the story here!
If nothing else the videos are awesome! ^_^
- 3 New Videos From IGN
- Posted on 11/2/2005 at 11:42 PM by Lysimachus
- IGN has posted 3 new videos for Rise & Fall with commentary from Rick Goodman. Each of the 3 videos comprise new footage not seen in any of the prior videos. Rick Goodman also reveals some new information, including the ability to increase the experience and strength of your formations. Check them out here!
Note the new vidoes as posted "11/02/2005".
Rise and Fall Heaven™ Copyright © 2005 HeavenGames™ LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please obtain written permission from HeavenGames if you wish to use our site's content and graphics on other sites or publications. Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® is a game by Midway. Rise and Fall® and Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® are registered trademarks owned by Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.