News Archives - February 2006
- New Media @ IGN
- Posted on 2/25/2006 at 12:22 PM by Intrepid
- IGN just posted several new Rise and Fall screenshots and a new trailer. With Midway's Gamers Day being just around the corner (February 28th to be exact), we should be seeing a lot more media from some of the other gaming fansites shortly.
So stay tuned...
Yours truly will actually be attending Gamers Day.
- More Questions Answered
- Posted on 2/23/2006 at 4:34 PM by Intrepid
- Our Rise and Fall Q/A Thread has been alive with action in the past few days. Today DoctorKillJoy took the time to answer some of the questions that were asked by yours truly. Here is an excerpt:
Question: Will the editor be shipped with the game?If you have a question that you wish to ask the representatives at Midway you can post it in this thread.
Question: What is the population cap in Rise and Fall?
A: We're shooting for 5k in multiplayer. That really depends on how things go when we really start digging into the networking (which begins about now).
- There is a new “Seraph” in Town
- Posted on 2/22/2006 at 8:46 PM by Intrepid
- In case you couldn't tell the title is a play on words. I used the word "Seraph" in the place of the word "Sheriff". Aren't I exceptionally clever? ;)
Since certain circumstances prompted Adder (the site's former Seraph) to resign, I have taken over management of this site. Adder did a phenomenal job running this site; you can thank him for all his hard work in this thread.
- Midway Responds
- Posted on 2/21/2006 at 11:40 PM by Intrepid
- Johner Riehl, one of Midway's representatives on our forums was kind enough to answer some of the questions that forumers posted in this thread. Here is one of the many answers that Johner provided today:
Q.) Do you place formations on the walls and do they spread out equally then or do you place individual soldiers?If you have a question that you wish to ask please post it in our Rise and Fall Q/A Thread.
MV: You can place formations on walls. What happens is that they ungroup as they climb the ladder, then regroup when they get to the top. They'll do their best to spread out. If the way they’re formed up doesn’t work for you, then you're going to have to ungroup them and place them individually.
- Saying goodbye to a Seraph
- Posted on 2/12/2006 at 2:39 PM by Intrepid
- Yesterday, Rise and Fall Heaven's Seraph Adder announced to everyones shock that he would be relinquishing his position as Seraph. Adder, was without a doubt, one of the finest Seraphs here at Heavengames. Staff members and fourmers alike will miss his hard work and dedicative spirit. I urge you all to read the thread Adder made describing his reasons for leaving.
- 4 New Screenshots!
- Posted on 2/10/2006 at 1:49 PM by Intrepid
- Gamespot just added four new screenshots to their collection. These shots are particularly interesting as they give a fair idea of what the interface will look like in Rise and Fall.
So quickly, go check them out in all their illustrious glory.
Of course check out the awesome trailer that Midway just put out first ;).
- New Rise & Fall Trailer by Midway!
- Posted on 2/10/2006 at 1:37 PM by Lysimachus
- Midway has just released new media for Rise & Fall. Here's the heads-up:
"Midway Games, Inc. today released a new trailer for RISE & FALL: CIVILIZATIONS AT WAR, the innovative, hero-driven real-time strategy game due out in June 2006. Click the link below to view the trailer, and check out the four new screenshots below."Click here to download this FABULOUS trailer NOW! The screenshots should be up later today.
- Battle for Middle Earth 2 Heaven
- Posted on 2/3/2006 at 6:15 PM by Intrepid
- Today has been a big day for Heavengames. It is not everyday that two new heavens open. Earlier today Empire at War Heaven debuted, the second site to debut, Battle for Middle Earth 2 Heaven will provide information about the newest Lord of the Rings themed RTS game The Battle for Middle Earth 2. The site is already sporting a great deal of stunning screenshots and pre release information. One Particular innovation that caught my eye is the site’s glossary, which can be used to look up general information about Middle Earth. Very slick.
- Empire at War Heaven
- Posted on 2/3/2006 at 12:38 PM by Intrepid
- Today is a momentous occasion for Heavengames, as yet another site has been added to our already stellar list of game sites. The newest Heavengames site, Empire at War Heaven, will provide information for the up and coming RTS game Star Wars: Empire at War. The site already has a great deal of information about the units and factions in the game. So if you are a Star Wars fan, or even just a fan of RTS games in general I urge you to check out this newest addition to the Heavengames family.
On another note, there are way too many sites here at Heavengames that have the word "empire" in the title.
Rise and Fall Heaven™ Copyright © 2005 HeavenGames™ LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please obtain written permission from HeavenGames if you wish to use our site's content and graphics on other sites or publications. Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® is a game by Midway. Rise and Fall® and Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War® are registered trademarks owned by Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.